Increase font size
Topic Title: dead? opteron 148?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/04/2007 04:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2007 04:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mellowtoxin

a few days ago i was playing css and my computers video and sound died, the pc was on just no output was coming from it. so i rebooted and it posted and everything i started up css aain and it froze again. now it wont even post. i reapplied as5 to my cu and reseated and cleaned everyhting but still no post.
everything in my pc seems to be getting power, all my fans all my dvd-roms all my hdd'sopen light up spin up and seem to get power (even my cpu fan) and my computer will stil turn off if i hold the power button in for 5seconds meaning that the bios isnt dead. also when i remove my ram i get no beeps and when my ram is in i get no post beep no beeps at all. ive replaces the videocard and the mobo already with no luck.
any ideas? is it my psu or my ram or my cpu? im low on cash right now lol i just wanna know whta the issue is!
my system is as follows:
mobo(new): pure crossfire advantage sapphire pc-a9rd480Adv
mobo(old): ASrock 939Dual-sata2
video(new):sapphire x1600xt
video(old):sapphire 9600xt
CPU: opteron 148 2.2ghz
psu: aspire concord mr500w
ram:1gb(512x2)pc3200 corsair value select
dvd-rw:nec
dvd-rom:lite-on
sound:gamesurround fortissimoIII 7.1
hdd1:wd250se16
hdd2:wd1200ab
hdd3: ??
 02/05/2007 09:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mckennma

quote:

Originally posted by: mellowtoxin
a few days ago i was playing css and my computers video and sound died, the pc was on just no output was coming from it. so i rebooted and it posted and everything i started up css aain and it froze again. now it wont even post. i reapplied as5 to my cu and reseated and cleaned everyhting but still no post.
everything in my pc seems to be getting power, all my fans all my dvd-roms all my hdd'sopen light up spin up and seem to get power (even my cpu fan) and my computer will stil turn off if i hold the power button in for 5seconds meaning that the bios isnt dead. also when i remove my ram i get no beeps and when my ram is in i get no post beep no beeps at all. ive replaces the videocard and the mobo already with no luck.
any ideas? is it my psu or my ram or my cpu? im low on cash right now lol i just wanna know whta the issue is!
my system is as follows:
mobo(new): pure crossfire advantage sapphire pc-a9rd480Adv
mobo(old): ASrock 939Dual-sata2
video(new):sapphire x1600xt
video(old):sapphire 9600xt
CPU: opteron 148 2.2ghz
psu: aspire concord mr500w
ram:1gb(512x2)pc3200 corsair value select
dvd-rw:nec
dvd-rom:lite-on
sound:gamesurround fortissimoIII 7.1
hdd1:wd250se16
hdd2:wd1200ab
hdd3: ??

Remove everything from your computer.

Inspect the motherboard for leaking capacitors or other damage. Examine each connection for burn marks.

Do a barebones configuration:
CPU/HSF
One video card: 9600XT
One stick ram
No hard drives or CD-ROM
A few chassis fans

What does it do?

Replace the power supply and see if your barebones configuration powers up.

-------------------------
Tyan Thunder K8WE
Dual AMD 280 Opterons
8GB NUMA enabled DDR333 2.5-3-3-7 RAM
PCI-X SCSI RAID
http://69.14.190.80
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information