AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Experiences with -the- K8QS Pro?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/01/2004 03:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2004 03:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MrFrustration

Well, I'm looking for folks who have tested on the 1.0.2 BIOS. I've got the 1.0.0 BIOS on this box, and besides being able to move the (largely useless) console redirect to COM2, I'm not seeing any reasons to upgrade so far. Has anyone found any compelling reasons to upgrade to 1.0.2?
Some fun things I've noticed;
The LSI Ultra320-0 waits longer than normal at init, as compared to an Ultra320-1 and -2.
The Broadcom's PXE agent moves the MAC down by one. ie; HH:HH:HH:HH:05:02 becomes 05:01.
Good luck opening the CPU0 and CPU2 DIMMs, the latches collide. Walk the DIMMs in.
Watch at boot. Cute typo from Phoenix; DDR 400Mhz Memmory detected.
Anyone had any luck getting OROMs redirected via serial? The Ultra320-0 doesn't use graphical mode for the normal BIOS, but it's not getting redirected. Same for the Broadcom. Quite annoying.

-------------------------
MrFrustration
"i was overclocking before you could even say jumper!"
EcoNews: Nuclear fuel rods to be replaced with Intel Itanium2 processors. "Itanium2 produces far more heat while doing even less," say physicists.
disclaimer: the opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of any other parties. but feel free to agree anyways.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information