Increase font size
Topic Title: OSA244BOX stepping
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/13/2005 05:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/13/2005 05:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
alsantino

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get some consistent, correct information about what the stepping is for the OSA244BOX model. I'd like to be sure that if I purchase multiple CPUs from different vendors the processors will share the same stepping. Specifically I mean buying OSA244BOX processors.

I'm beginning to believe the OSA244BOX is a OSA244CEP5AL with a heat sink and fan but haven't confirmed it yet. I read another posting from "OrangesAway May 3 2005, 06:45 PM" that said "The revisions are now encoded in the Processor in a Box part numbers. See the Opteron Processor Quick Reference Guide" but I didn't find this to be true.

I'd also like to know how to identify stepping information for boxed processors in general.

Can anyone at AMD make a definitive comment about this?

Thanks
Al
 05/04/2008 07:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chiplist

Not easy to collect info on steppings. New steppings sometimes result in new OPN codes, most of the times they don't.
From what I have (collected from what on the net): OSA244BOX is either stepping B3 (OSA244CCO5AH) or stepping C0 (OSA244CEP5AL). Stepping CG (OSA244CEP5AU) has code OSA244AUBOX.
See also:
http://www.chiplist.com/AMD_Op...e3f-subsection--2278-/

-------------------------
Adrian Offerman
Maintainer of The ChipList
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information