Increase font size
Topic Title: New Video Card?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/16/2005 07:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/16/2005 07:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pick

I produce instructional technical animation video and reqired a much higher rendering speed to improve through-put. I decided to built a new workstation based on the TYAN K8W S2885 mobo and a pair of Opteron 250s. 2GB PC2700 RAM and a pair of 200GB SATA drives in RAID 1. The OS is Windows XP-PRO

I work primarily in AutoCad and 3DS max rendering to AVI files in NTSC 720 X 480. The editing is done in Adobe Premier PRO and exported to DVD.

I have had mixed success with ATI video adapers and nVidea cards and would like to avoid the expensive "trial and error" routine of getting the best display and rendering performance out of a new work station.

There is a world of expert experience out there, I wonder if you guys can give me some advice in re:- BEST VIDEO ADAPTER, BEST BIOS, BEST BIOS SETTINGS and any other advice you think may be helpful.

Many thanks in advance Pick.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information