Increase font size
Topic Title: Socket A / Athlon MP compatibility Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/23/2005 03:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/23/2005 03:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
joegensh

Hi,

I am dismantling an old server (not that old) with dual Athlon MP 2000 processors. I would like to build tow single-processor computers for my kids with the processors from the server. However, many of the Micro-ATX motherboard vendors don't list MPs on compatibiitly lists, but I imagine that MPs willl probably work on most any Socket A motherboard that supports Athlon XP 2000s. What kind of problems might I expect if I mount the 2000 MP to a socket A motherboard that maybe is only tested with the XP?
 01/23/2005 04:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

Motherboards that supports Athlons XP should have no problem running with Athlons MP, they are Athlons XP with the only diference that they have a bridge activated that let them run in Dual Processor systems. The worst thing that can happen is that the BIOS doesn't recognize the Processor by itself and you have to set Manually the Multiplier and VCore.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information