Increase font size
Topic Title: Cooling system for a dual MP 1800+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/12/2004 05:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/12/2004 05:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DDrake

Hi!

Right now that the summer is near, here at Madrid (Spain) the hot is at very high levels. Last summer it was like [content edited], and since i never power off my computer (it is always rendering and doing high process tasks). Last summer it was really a pain to sleep in my room with 40º and a [content edited] (well, two hells ) inside the computer. I have 5 coolers. Two for the processors, one front and two on the back. Of course you can imagine the noise it does. As far as i have learned to live with that, i fear for the arrival of the summer. I do not want to pass again with such a toaster like last summer was, so i decided to try a liquid cooling system, but since i´m totally new to that, i really need advice on what to buy. Here are some questions.

- Which one is the best for the Dual MP 1800+?
- Can the two processors be cooled at the same time?
- How long lasts the cooling liquid?
- How much difficult is to install?

I´d love to buy some kind of kit, so i could do it without much effort.

Also, it would be great if i could cool the graphic card and the hard disks too. Do not know if that is possible with liquid, or there are other methos to do that.

Thanks!
 05/24/2004 11:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Carlz0r

You can do that. Most water cooling systems can be set up for two processors, a harddrive and a graphics card. Water cooling can be pretty expensive though.

-------------------------
The fanboyism issue got worse. I'm gone (for now) got better again, I'm occasionally back.<br><br>Don't be stupid. Conroe > K8L SAYS WHO? K8L > Conroe SAYS WHO? No Benches = No Comparision<br>PortalForums Admin
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information