AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon MP in a single CPU board?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2004 09:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2004 09:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
awe2003

I posted this same question on the Athlon/Athlon XP forum. Maybe one of you know the answer to this.

I have a couple Athlon MP 1200's and I was wondering if they could be used on a motherboard that supports ordinary Athlons. All I ever see is talk about using the XP in place of the MP. What about the other way around?

01/27/2004 11:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Greyhound

Please do not double-post or post the same question in multiple threads/forums.
As stated in our rules:
QUOTE NO DUPLICATE OR REPEAT POSTS. If no-one answers your question or responds to your post, please "bump" it rather than posting it again. Posting the same question over and over or in every forum will just annoy people and will not get answers.

POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM. Please read each forum description before posting to ensure you are posting in the correct forum. Off topic posts will be moved to the correct forum.

As for your question, ALL Athlon MP's are model 6(Palomino) or higher, so they are Athlon XP-class processors.
Basically, an Athlon MP is just an Athlon XP which has gone through additional testing/validation for running stably in a dual-CPU configuration.

Your Athlon MP's will run just fine on any motherboard that supports an Athlon XP(model 6).

You can find the Datasheet for your CPUs here' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...nd_tech_docs/24685.pdf

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

<center><font color=red>MODERATOR</center></font>

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W :: Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe :: 2x1024MB Muskin XP2-6400 DDR2-800 :: BeQuiet! Darkpower Pro 530W :: 2x WD Raptor 74GB/10k rpm, RAID 0 :: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information