Increase font size
Topic Title: athlon mp
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/28/2004 07:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/28/2004 07:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
koolaidwa

2600+ right???

-------------------------

[b' ">http://di.fm ..... CAT - "Oh no, I'm Dwain Dibley"
Just say no to Black Eyed Peas! ..... I Fish Therefore I Am!
 07/28/2004 07:58 AM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

Cant you just mod a normal Athlon and stick it in a SMP motherboard anyway?

I'm almost sure you can.
 07/28/2004 08:01 AM

Author Icon
koolaidwa

i know u can mod moblies or something i read/heard, but the offical highest chip is 2600+ right? the reason i ask is cause i found a good deal on some dual xp mobo and 2600's

-------------------------

[b' ">http://di.fm ..... CAT - "Oh no, I'm Dwain Dibley"
Just say no to Black Eyed Peas! ..... I Fish Therefore I Am!
 07/28/2004 08:05 AM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

I think it is 2600 actually. Where is the deal? I was thinking of buying a dual processor system myself, not for any real reason, just to have a case with 2 CPU's in it. It'll look great with those Corsiar LED ram modules, 2 light up HSF's and some serious case moddage.
 07/28/2004 08:23 AM

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

The highest Athlon MP is the 2800+. The Mod that you say is possible, I think that you can do it with both Throughbreads and Bartons. Not necesary the Mobile Mod (I think, not sure, don't know a lot of Mods... But both at the same time, will leave you with a Mobile Athlon MP that doesn't exist )... Even if you can Mod a Duron to an Athlon XP (I talk about Durons Applebreads), maybe you can then make another Mod to make it an Athlon MP (That because if A=B and B=C, then A=C... No idea if you can Mod a Duron to Athlon MP that wans't Modded to Athlon XP, in other words, that have only 64 KB Cache Level 2 enable). However, I'm sure that you can Mod both Athlon XP 3000+ and Athlon XP 3200+ in Athlons MP, but what model it should be? As far that I know, Dual Socket A Motherboards are little cappable of overclocking, and they Chipset only let them 133 Mhz FSB. You should ask it to someone that knows more about this and have done it by itself, but with what I did have say you can have some basic points...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information