Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems installing drivers in my AMD system
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/01/2004 09:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/01/2004 09:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
arock1_3

I bought this Mobo a Biostar and the only problem I'm having is installing the drivers. My friend was helping me and had problems figuring it out. We installed an Athlon XP Mobile 2600+, 512mb of ram, a Chaintec Volari V3 vidcard, and Win98SE. And now the computer freezes and I'm getting some error messages which I will post later on because I'm not home right now, but any help with this info will be great. And as I remmember I will keep posting info.
This is the Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-138-216&depa=1' ">http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-138-216&depa=1
Also when I go to Properties in my Computer in the General tab it recognizes the Processor as a Genuine AMD but does not display the speed, and when I checked the speed with a program that comes with the mobo it says that is runing at 900 and some mhz. Now the the fsb in the bios is set at 166 mhz, do you think that is probably the reason for the cpu speed been so low? This is my first time dealing with bios and making changes to it.

---I just find out that the fsb on the mobile is 266 mhz.----

Oops I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong forum, should of post it in the desktop forum if a mod can move it I appreciated. Sorry.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information