Increase font size
Topic Title: task man does not see both cpu's
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/07/2005 10:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2005 10:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shimjocky

Hello, first time poster. Hoping some of the knowlegable folks around here might be able to help me find a solution to a nasty little problem.

I have a server I am using to host games on. Tonight I noticed a bit of lag so I logged into RDT to check things out. For some reason in task manager I only see one cpu. I use mbm5 to monitor temps and its reporting high 50's for both cpu 0 and cpu1. The amd cpu info tool only reports a cpu 0 being present.

Both CPU's show up in device manager.

I am about 4 hours away from my data center and I am hoping for some other remote troubleshooting tips.

Thanks so very much for any help.

Mobo= Giga-byte GA-7DPXDW-P
CPU's= Athlon MP 2600's
Memory= 2 Gigs pc2100 ECC with ECC off in bios
OS= Xp Pro SP 1a
 09/11/2005 11:24 AM

Author Icon
Shimjocky

Hey, thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Found resolution to this on my own. It is hardware related and normally I might share my findings but what the heck, we are not here to help or share our knowlege are we? /rolleyes.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif' />
 09/12/2005 04:31 AM

Author Icon
phusg

QUOTE(Shimjocky @ Sep 11 2005, 04:24 PM)Hey, thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Found resolution to this on my own. It is hardware related and normally I might share my findings but what the heck, we are not here to help or share our knowlege are we?  /rolleyes.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif' />
[right][snapback]500298[/snapback][/right]

Please do share shimjockey, sorry for the lack of response, I don't come around this way that often as half the time I'm talking to myself! To be honest http://forums.2cpu.com/' ">http://forums.2cpu.com/ seems to be where most 760MPX chipset users hang-out.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information