Increase font size
Topic Title: PCI bandwidth issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/27/2005 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/27/2005 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gENERALsPECIFIC

Has anyone managed to get a Matrox RTX100 Extreme Pro working in an AMD MP system?

According to MATROX my K8N-DL will never work because of bus issues.
I have just built this box with the goal of NLE editing based upon numerous suggestions elsewhere and now find myself screwed..

Since finding out about this through Matrox tech support I went to other manufacturers and they also do not recommend AMD solutions sighting Southbridge bandwidth issues as well. Is this prejudice or fact and are there ways to cure this problem so I can get back to work.

Can anyone help me out here or suggest another chipset other than the NVIDIA that definitively works with this DV board.

Does anyone have the tweaks to get it going (I Cast my mind back to the old VIA PCI latency patch?)

Thank you in advance. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />
 08/11/2005 03:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gENERALsPECIFIC

QUOTE(gENERALsPECIFIC @ Jul 27 2005, 04:03 PM)Has anyone managed to get a Matrox RTX100 Extreme Pro working in an AMD MP system?

According to MATROX my K8N-DL will never work because of bus issues.
I have just built this box with the goal of NLE editing based upon numerous suggestions elsewhere and now find myself screwed..

Since finding out about this through Matrox tech support I went to other manufacturers and they also do not recommend AMD solutions sighting Southbridge bandwidth issues as well. Is this prejudice or fact and are there ways to cure this problem so I can get back to work.

Can anyone help me out here or suggest another chipset other than the NVIDIA that definitively works with this DV board.

Does anyone have the tweaks to get it going (I Cast my mind back to the old VIA PCI latency patch?)
Thank you in advance.  /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />
[right][snapback]469790[/snapback][/right]

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information