Increase font size
Topic Title: Tyan k7 Pro + MP 2800+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/17/2005 12:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/17/2005 12:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Erik3d

Hello!

I'm having a problem with a Tyan 2469 that has been running two CPU's rock solid for about 2 years now. Last month one just dissapeared from the taskmanager and when rebooting all I see when posting is:

[with a blank space] Processor(s) detected

the bios is the latest (after losing the cpu I tried an upgrade to V. 1.08), and the machine gives no errors at all, just that one of the CPU's just dissapeared. I have tested the same CPU on another board and it shows up just fine, so that leaves the motherboard (or the bios?)....but since I get no errors or beeps I'm a bit clueless.
the second non working CPU does get warm when the machine is on, (never "hot" as the other working one gets when stressing it)
the VRM's show similar voltages for the 2 CPU's.

Has anyone heard of this before?

any ideas?

(I have looked for the CPU with a bunch of tools like Sisoft, cpuID etc etc but no luck, it just finds one of the Bartons.)

Many thanks!

Erik.

01/11/2006 05:17 PM

Author Icon
razzlfraz

QUOTE(Erik3d @ Feb 17 2005, 10:12 AM)Hello!

I'm having a problem with a Tyan 2469 that has been running two CPU's rock solid for about 2 years now. Last month one just dissapeared from the taskmanager and when rebooting all I see when posting is:
[with a blank space]  Processor(s) detected

the bios is the latest (after losing the cpu I tried an upgrade to V. 1.08), and the machine gives no errors at all, just that one of the CPU's just dissapeared. I have tested the same CPU on another board and it shows up just fine, so that leaves the motherboard (or the bios?)....but since I get no errors or beeps I'm a bit clueless.
the second non working CPU does get warm when the machine is on, (never "hot" as the other working one gets when stressing it)
the VRM's show similar voltages for the 2 CPU's.
Has anyone heard of this before?

any ideas?

(I have looked for the CPU with a bunch of tools like Sisoft, cpuID etc etc but no luck, it just finds one of the Bartons.)
Many thanks!

Erik.
[right][snapback]350600[/snapback][/right]

I hit the same problem. I have a tyan s2462 and two athlon mp cpus in it. One is 2000+ and the other is 2800+ and my computer is not reconizing the 2800+. I tried upgrading the bios but that didn't help. It simply will not reconize the 2800+ for some reason.

Problem is, the 2800+ could be bad. I don't have another computer motherboard to test it on. Sorry I can't help.
 01/11/2006 05:41 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Have you guys inspected the mainboards, I have seen posts in other forums where the processors were not receiving proper vcore due to bad capacitors. Quite a few of the dual processor boards suffer from this as they have almost twice as many capacitors as other mainboards.

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information