Increase font size
Topic Title: Possible Dead A7M266-D durring upgrade to 2800+ MP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/09/2005 09:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/09/2005 09:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sentinel

So, I just upgraded my board to dual 2800+ MPs and the BIOS version I had didn't support this. I used the DOS aflash and was in the middle of flashing to version 1011 when I got a screen full of white zeroes and then a black screen.

The thing won't even post now. Everything was fine before the flash. Has anyone else heard of this happening with 2800+'s or is this a motherboard only problem? Does anyone know if I can get a replacement BIOS from ASUS?

Help?

Thanks in advance.
 01/10/2005 12:28 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Is the bios IC socketed?

If it is you can try here:

www.badflash.com

They may be able to send you a new bios IC that you can pop into the bios IC socket on your board.

MD

PS

Check the capacitors on the mainboard, makes sure none are bulged or leaking...that can be an even bigger headache to fix.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

01/26/2005 11:14 PM

Author Icon
sintri

2800+MPand A7M266-D works fine, I flashed mine while the 1800+ were still in though.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information