Increase font size
Topic Title: overclocking MPs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2005 11:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2005 11:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sintri

I have a A7M266-D that runs at 133mhz FSB, so far I've only gotten to 137MHz FSB stably (haven't tried going higher with the 2800+ but with the 1800+ anything higher will result in a crash), pretty sure the cpu can hold at a higher threashold so I'm just sort of wondering if anyone's been able to get it higher than that.

Note: my ram setting's bit unorthodox though, 256 (2x) DDR 2100 I think Non ECC, 512 DDR 2100> Non ECC, not sure if it's just the motherboard or something else.
 01/27/2005 12:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

Your Motherboard, your two Processors and your three Memory Modules are supposed to run at 266 MHz Bus (Everything further than that is overclocking all of these components!, so it can be anything of these what is holding you back. However, most Athlons XP (Athlons MP included because they are Athlons XP with a bridge enabled for SMP support) with a good Motherboard and Memory Modules reach usually 400 MHz Bus with no real problems, so I suggest you discarding the Processors. Those Motherboards are intended for Workstation, that is why they aren't easy to overclock (Neither mean to be used for so), so it can be a possible reason, but your Memory Modules are suspicious too. I suggest you trying to overclock the FSB with only one of the Memory Modules at the same time, maybe one of them has reached it limits. If you want to discard Memory Modules, you will need a 333 MHz Bus or 400 MHz Bus Memory Module in order to be guaranteed that isn't that what reached it limits, and if you still having the same problems, then its possibily the Motherboard.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information