AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fan for Athlon MP 2800+ (462 socket)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/10/2006 05:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/10/2006 05:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
miodrag

Hello

Both of my Athlon MP 2800+ work between 57° C and 60°C. Can somebody give me an proposal for a good fan? I would like to lay down temparature between 40°C and 50°C if that is just possible? MB is ASUS A7M266-D.

Thanks in advance.
Miodrag
 04/25/2006 11:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
samstern

quote:

Originally posted by: miodrag
Hello

Both of my Athlon MP 2800+ work between 57° C and 60°C. Can somebody give me an proposal for a good fan? I would like to lay down temparature between 40°C and 50°C if that is just possible? MB is ASUS A7M266-D.

Thanks in advance.
Miodrag

Hi Miodrag,

Before we continue, please see

www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/FAQ_Rev05_ENG.pdf

which states your current operating temperature is well within operating limits. That said, I have the same system as you and I got it in 2003. At that time my operating temps were high ~ 75C each processor. Then I applied the following two components:

Fans:
Thermaltake Volcano Series Coolers - Silent Boost CPU Cooler - Retail

Thermal Compound:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...asp?...N82E16835100009

After initial install, CPU0 was running at 55c and CPU1 was running at 57C. So I took it all apart again, and cleaned the contacts VERY thoroughly with Tape head cleaner, anti-lint swabs and a bit of VERY fine grain sand paper, very lightly used. (to remove the goop from the original heat pads that alcohol alone did not remove). All on an anti-static mat. This reduced my cpu temps to CPU0 46C and CPU1 51C. The temperature has not varied since the initial install, several years ago. Please note that the downside is that the amibent noise of the conputer shot up from 25db o about 50db. it's very loud now and has to be stored under a desk lined with some foam to keep it a bit quiter (~35db when the back faces a wall with foam, 3 geet away)

That said, here is a link to a 2003 chart of Good fans for Althon use:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/ar...ther...nk_roundup.html

if you cannot find the fan I used, perhaps another version or maker will have a solution to sell you?

HTH,

Sam S.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information