Increase font size
Topic Title: won't boot to operating system
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/02/2006 09:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2006 09:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
claymca

Ok I have been up all night to figure this out. I have searched and searched until I can seach no more. I have just finished installing two Athlon mp 1600s running win xp pro on a msi K7D MS-6501. I cannot boot to the OS, or safe mode or recovery console. Whe I turn the PC on I get the the post the cpus are detected the memory is detected and is working even my pci ide card. Bt it goes to the safemode option menu right away and no matter what I select it just reboots. Also I have a distro of knoppix that I ran from the cd rom that works with no problem. The PC ran fine until I did my little upgrade.

Also the video card is an older ATI All-In-Wonder.DOn't think the problem is that because everthibg worked fine under knoppix. I need help please.
 03/12/2006 06:12 PM

Author Icon
kritical

you will most likely have to do a fresh install of windows XP, did u format wen u installed the cpu?
 03/12/2006 08:25 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Also check your hardware for failed components and your power supply specs to see if it is up to the task.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information