Increase font size
Topic Title: 3 monitors with HD 5xx0 on Linux
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/17/2009 08:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/17/2009 08:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
userfriendly

I've read on the Eyefinity page that AMD will be releasing a driver version for Linux that will have Eyefinity support some time later. I plan on buying a HD 5xx0 card and a third monitor, and I'm wondering what that line means, exactly.

Does it only mean I can't use Single Large Surface on Linux yet? Or does it mean I can't use three monitors with a HD 5xx0 card on Linux at all until that version is released?

I actually don't plan on using Single Large Surface, since I'd like my windows to maximise only to the screen they're on, like with the extended desktop mode on Windows. Do I have to wait for the updated driver to do that, too? Or is that update only for SLS?

If anyone can help me out here, muchas gratias!
 03/23/2010 05:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
omaraa

I have a HD5970 that I use with three monitors with Windows 7.

I've been wanting to make the switch to Ubuntu, but for some reason, I can only use two of the three monitors. The third is greyed out in tho CCC. Daos anyone know of a way to make this work?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information