AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Radeon 5450 PCI low profile driver?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/17/2012 01:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2012 01:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
klabacita
Lurker

Hi.

For some technical reasons we decide to get a ati radeon 5450 PCI interface, not a PCI-e, is the old one 5v low profile.

We are working with a tiny linux distribution(puppy and slitaz) and we are doing some programs for this distros that will run on a neoware machine on usb.

The main goal is to connect those devices to TV 32"+ over HDMI, this was one of the reason to purchase a video card with HDMI output, the neoware doesn't have PCI-e slots, just PCI, we don't want to use a VGA converter.

Now, puppy works, we tweak the TV and the xorg settings and we have puppy displaying the desktop in the whole screen.

But is not using the radeon driver, we want to know if exist a driver for this card for linux?

At ATI they just give us PCI-e not PCI.

The other tiny distro slitaz works but, once u try open any menu, program, etc the font size get some bigger that is not possible wot work with.

puppy 5.x, slitaz 3.x, this week we will try slitaz latest 4.0, thanks!!!
 04/27/2012 05:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
klabacita
Lurker

Just to add.

I had finally made my card work with slitaz 4, I use the xorg ati driver.

My tv is a Hitachi 42HDS69

I can work with 4080p,720p,4801,1080i

Use one issue, with all the resolutions except 1080i I have flickering in my screen after some couple of minutes, this OS doesn't have any screensaver or standby setting that I could disable, I'm working on this small issue I will let u know, thanks!!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information