Increase font size
Topic Title: Crossfire problems..
Topic Summary: 2nd Gpu is listed as siabled
Created On: 06/28/2012 04:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/28/2012 04:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Naru
Lurker

Hi, this is the first time using this forum, so pardon, if im posting it at the wrong place...
I got a Dell XPS630I with 2x Radeon 3800 series gpu's, but when i went from vista, to win 7, im not able to use crossfire, beacuse the 2nd gps is listed as disabled, ive tried to go back to vista, but the same problem appeaes now, can anyone help me?
 06/28/2012 05:54 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Go back to Win7, since that is where you want to be. Download and install the latest Driver Sweeper utility. Download the latest Catalyst version from --> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Now, uninstall Catalyst in your control panel....choose everything except your USB drivers.....reboot into safe mode. Run Driver Sweeper with elevated privileges (i.e. Run as Administrator), select Catalyst from list, analyse then clean.....reboot.

Install the new Catalyst version.....reboot a 2-3 times, try and re-enable CrossFire.

Let us know if it worked for you or not.

Cheers!!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 06/30/2012 02:51 PM

Author Icon
Naru
Lurker

Hey, thanks for your advice, but still nothing.. still no Crossfire menu in my CCC, and still listed as disabled...
- did as you instructed, but stille nothing.. (
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information