Increase font size
Topic Title: using two or more cores for a task, phenom 2 x4 810
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/25/2010 09:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2010 09:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
name for a day

I've been using spore since the end of December and I've run into a number of issues which I haven't been able to solve all of yet. One issue I'm hoping solve is lag issues and loading times.

I'm not versed on what handles what kind of task in my computer some times but I was thinking that maybe if I could get more than one core to handle the program lag, skipping might go away and texture models might load before I see the wire frame and under textures of many of 3d models of the game. I know from a site that listed techniques of speeding up windows 7 that you can arrange for a multi core cpu to handle booting up tasks using all of it's cores. So I thought maybe I could do the same with other programs?

Can anyone advise me on whether or not I can do this and if it might improve program performance?

EDIT: If this isn't the route to take what other method is there to improve performance. I'm new to the idea of tweaking my computer and I want to set a firm foot before I do anything that might prove damaging.

EDIT: awful quiet. Guess I asked a stupid question. I'll assume my issue has to do with the gpu and let this go.

Edited: 01/28/2010 at 11:29 PM by name for a day
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information