AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Possibly Wrong Drivers
Topic Summary: AMD Phenom 9850 with 9550 drivers in the device manager.
Created On: 03/01/2010 11:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/01/2010 11:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Salokin

Today i was looking through my device manager and noticed that my processor drivers say AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact i have an 9850 Black Edition processor installed in my computer. Everything seems to run just fine, all other parts of my computer recognize my cpu as a 9850 even when looking in my bios. Is there any chance that having the drivers for a lower frequency cpu would effect the performance of my computer? Could it limit my processor to only using the frequency of a 9550 or is that even possible? Or is there any other problems this may cause, maybe not now but later on?

I am a highschool senior and have spent many hours learning about computers on my own time. I've fixed every problem that the multiple computer at my house and my relatives have come up with. I know i am far from expert or in my opinion ever well rounded in computers, but i do know enough to get myself by.

I bought this computer from ibuypower.com. I wanted a computer with good quality hardware and was not concerned about name brand.

Thanks

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus M3A78-CM
CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition 2.5Ghz
RAM: 4Gb Kingston HyperX DDR2 800
Power Supply: 700watt
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512Mb
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information