AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: About PMU of Operon (codename"shanghai" model 2378 )
Topic Summary: the event address register
Created On: 05/27/2010 02:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/27/2010 02:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
explore

Hello, everyone:
Someone ever use the SDAR in IBM POWER5 processor to get miss address online. And he also said that other processors, such as Intel Itanium 2,AMD Opteron, and IBM POWER4, can perform data address sampling, but they can not do sampling continuously in order to capture a trace.
Now I have a server with AMD Opteron processor. I want to know about the data address sampling about the Opteron, however, I cann't find the feature in the AMD64 architecture system programming manual volume 2.
Actually, I want to get the L3 miss address online in AMD Opteron. And I have known that there are some event address registers in Intel Itanium 2, and some one ever got the L2 miss address on the Platform of Itanium 2. It is a pity that I have not such experiment platform of Itanium 2. And I only have the AMD Opteron experiment platform.
So I hope someone can help me?whether there are some registers in Opteron about data address sampling.

Best regards!
Thanks a lot!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information