AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What system would you recommend or build?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2010 05:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/23/2010 06:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
UzY3L
Lurker

Here's a system I recently built for a friend :
AMD Phenom II X4 955
ASRock M3A770DE+
MSI Hawk Radeon 5830 1GB
4GB Elixir DDR3 1600MHz
1xSSD 32GB SATA 2 OCS + 1x500GB Western Digital Caviar Green
Chieftec 500W PSU 80% certified

He had the case already so I did the mounting. Performance wise, you can't get any cheaper. The whole thing cost about 2400RON which is about 750US dollars. You may get cheaper prices than this, depending on which part of the world you're in or if you want to sacrifice L3 cache for L2 and go for an Athlon or even take the SSD and GPU out but what I listed above is a system that will hold a couple of years even in demanding games with AA and AF at max at around 1280x1024. That's my friend's maximum monitor supported resolution so I built the system around that and around his wallet

You don't really need a six-core unless you are absolutely sure that the programs you are using support multi-threads. The best way to go is a quad because 1.5MB L3 cache per core is better than six cores with 1.0MB L3 cache per core. In applications such as Photoshop and other thread-intensive stuff, more cache is better than having more cores.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information