AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: waiting more time or not???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/04/2008 05:05 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2008 05:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
caracol
Junior Member

Posts: 4
Joined: 12/17/2007

ok ppl i'm waiting for my phenom 9700 but no one knows when is the release so maybe i gonna to buy a 6400+ BE and latter when the problems and the processors arrive to the market i will buy a phenom processor.
Now i allready have one MB asus m3a32-mvp Deluxe that was to put the phenom but its still in the box , so what ppl think about this its a good choise or its better to wait more time.
ty ppl
 01/04/2008 05:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Posts: 2480
Joined: 06/25/2007

Well the Phenom 9600 Black Edition should be available soon, within next week or 2 anyway, you may want to consider getting that, with unlocked multiplier it should - provided the mobo has decent BIOS support - be able to OC to the 9700 speed at least.

I have my 9500 now so will probably make some use of it for a while now, and keep an eye on prices for a bit to see how things develop.....

As you already have the M3A32-MVP mobo I'd suggest that you get the 9600 Black Edition.

Best wishes

Kaz

-------------------------

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 01/06/2008 12:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
caracol
Junior Member

Posts: 4
Joined: 12/17/2007

ty for the help i will wait a bit more
 01/10/2008 07:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Decembermouse
Mad Scientist

Posts: 2149
Joined: 03/31/2004

Patience is a virtue... I'll be waiting until 2009, maybe later, until I build for myself again.

-------------------------
ASRock M3A785GMH/128M
Phenom II X4 925c2 @ 2.80GHz (95W)
OCZ Platinum PC3-1333 2x2GB 7-7-7-21
WD5000AADS
Raidmax RX-500AF
Check it out.
 01/15/2008 02:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AnakinVaderWalker
Member

Posts: 50
Joined: 01/12/2008

Wait if you want but nothing is going to happen for three months minimum. I have a feeling that while AMD is stamping chips, throwing each in one of two bins, you end up with a lot of 9600s that can run at the fabled 3 GHz. So if you don't mind overclocking, a 9600 Black Edition is better than waiting for a 9700.

AMD should have debuted the Phenom 9600 with an unlocked multiplier, for sales I mean.

-------------------------
AMD Phenom 9600 B2 - 2.48 GHz - 1.25V - 43C hot idle
Asus M3A - AMD 770 - 216 MHz ref. clock
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB - 575 MHz - 2.25V
Sapphire HD3870 - 815/1176 MHz
24" Samsung 245bw (Crap, don't buy Samsung!)
--- Building an AM3 Dragon ---
Lian Li PC-B25 (blue ring)
Corsair TX750W

Edited: 01/15/2008 at 03:00 AM by AnakinVaderWalker
 01/20/2008 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DanteSS3
Junior Member

Posts: 1
Joined: 01/06/2008

As a side thought, is there any word on whats going to be released in the next 6 months or so?
I'll be going to america around july period and i'm wondering if i should see about picking up the latest Phenom while i'm there. Would that work on a UK power supply?
Hopefully there will be a Black edition as well

(Looking to upgrade my AMD64 3500+, which is slightly overclocked)
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.



Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information