AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: odd temperature behavior
Topic Summary: do you think it's a circulation problem?
Created On: 09/01/2008 08:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2008 08:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Superhal
Overclocker

I was messing around with SpeedFan today to see if i can get my cpu fan to go to 100% all the time. i must have messed up something because my idle temp jumped to 51C. So, i put CnQ back on and since it was idling at 42C earlier, so that would keep my cpu safe until i can figure out what i did wrong.

however, even after I set everything back to how it was, the temperature seems stuck at 45C with CnQ on. I notice this quite often: when it starts "cold," it takes longer to heat up and it doesn't heat up as high. when it's already "warm," it takes longer to cool down and doesn't get as cool.

i'm suspecting that this is a circulation problem. or, is this just normal behavior for a typical hsf? also, room temp is lower than normal.

-------------------------

9750 X4 // 8600 GT // PC-6400 DDR2 800 mhz 1gig X 2 // WD 500 GB SATA HD // 580w PSU // Core Contact Freezer w/ IC Diamond 7 // DVD-RW // Win XP 32 bit // CPU-Z Validation #420180
 09/01/2008 08:54 PM

Author Icon
kurlysir

If you stock fan is like mine (I just dug it out of the drawer and looked) it has a thermal sensor that controls the fan speed. I don't think you can make the fan run 100% all the time. Do you have Q-Fan turned on. If you do it is not compatible with CnQ on the M3A32MVP-Deluxe MB with the later Bios's. The voltage will not reduce with Q-Fan on, this will cause it to run hotter.
 09/01/2008 09:18 PM

Author Icon
Heffy
Case Modder

Haven't you modified the Vcore voltage, by any chance? it needs to be 1.30V by default. Here are the specifications for your CPU :

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/...0(HD9750XAGHBOX).html

Besides, I'd remove both Cool 'n' Quiet and Q-Fan, if I were you. They are sometimes buggy. And that'll make your fan run at full speed all the time. I guess that's what you were trying to do. Otherwise, if you mean making the fan spin at 3800 rpm (I think that was the max) all the time, that's impossible. There is always a certain percentage of difference (usually 10%).
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information