Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD AHCI Compatable Raid Drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/07/2009 09:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/07/2009 09:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
smeyers2

Norton Ghost 14.0 cannot find my Sata drives in my HP m9515y desktop with AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor. Norton says I need the following;

AMD AHCI Compatible Raid Controller
Wan Miniport (SSTP)
AMD Raid Console

I am currently bouncing back and forth between Norton (go to HP) and HP (go to Norton).

All I would like to do is to be able to back up my system. I tryed Acronis and got an error message, something about a Lenux Cournel (s). So I then tryed Ghost, and now this is not working !

Any help would be much appreciated !

-------------------------
Thank You, Have A Nice Day !
 02/07/2009 01:11 PM

Author Icon
smeyers2

Originally posted by: smeyers2

Norton Ghost 14.0 cannot find my Sata drives in my HP m9515y desktop with AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor. Norton says I need the following;

AMD AHCI Compatible Raid Controller

Wan Miniport (SSTP)

AMD Raid Console

I am currently bouncing back and forth between Norton (go to HP) and HP (go to Norton).

All I would like to do is to be able to back up my system. I tryed Acronis and got an error message, something about a Lenux Cournel (s). So I then tryed Ghost, and now this is not working !

Any help would be much appreciated !

I should clearify... Ghost finds the hard drives in Windows Vista 64 bit mode... but in the System Recovery mode... cannot find.

Thank You, Have A Nice Day !
 02/08/2009 01:31 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Bit more info needed first of all...!!

Can you give us your full system specs...??

You may want to make a signature and add it to your profile, it saves a lot of time and people can see exactly the specs of the PC that they are trying to help with..!!

It needn't be a picture like mine a simple text signature with all the relevant information is fine.

That being said...!!

How many HDD's have you got installed..??

Have you got a RAID array setup...???

When your trying to backup what HDD's are you trying to backup and to where, and how...i.e. C: Drive from HDD 1 (RAID-0 2 hdd's) to networked PC via LAN/WAN etc.

Form the messages you mention it seems that Ghost is thinking your trying to backup over a wireless network hence it asking for the WAN driver, and seems to be having problems in finding your drives as its in a RAID array..!!

I have used Acronis before without any problems to do a network backup of my RAID array on a Phenom 9950 and Vista Home Premium 64-bit.. PC...!!

Can you describe the steps you take when trying to use Acronis...??

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 02/08/2009 01:34 PM

Author Icon
bnborg
Driod

Your computer has MSI motherboard MS-7548, with AMD/ATI 780G chipset. See: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr...s=2100&product=3867599

This is a proprietary design and you won't find it at MSI. Download the SB drivers from http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html.

Select your OS, integrated/mainboard, and HD 3200.

After the drivers are installed, the "AMD AHCI Compatible Raid Controller" and "AMD Raid Console" devices will be in Device Manager.

I don't know how to make Ghost aware of them, however.

Two each: Phenom II x6 1090T on MSI 870A-G-54 with 16 GB DDR3 and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Two each: Asroch E350M1 with 8 GB DDR2

Athlon II x4 630 on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 with 16 GB DDR3 and Windows 7 x64

Edited: 02/08/2009 at 01:43 PM by bnborg
 02/08/2009 07:32 PM

Author Icon
enderandrew

BTW, you can probably boot to a Clonezilla CD, and the Linux kernel should automatically have the right driver. Clonezilla is a free, open source alternative to Ghost.

http://fake-barack.blogspot.com
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information