AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What does this error message mean?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/10/2009 10:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2009 10:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
prodad

I have a new HP system (e9220y) running a Phenom II quad-core CPU. I have been getting this message from the RAID Xpert:

AMD RAIDXpert
Task e7 timeout on disk (Port Number 1, Target ID 1) at LBA 0x00

Can anyone tell me what this means? Do I need to do something?

Thanks...
 12/14/2009 12:30 AM

Author Icon
andy990

It sounds like your raid driver might need to be updated. As you know that is not always easy in Raid. Since you might be having problems, you need to back up your data to an external source now. You also need to set a system restore point now.
Since you are running Raid , I would also post your question on a hard drive (storage in enterprise terms) forum in the Raid section.
It could also be a video card driver issue and also a dvd player issue. You want updated hard drive controllers. You want to make sure all the jumpers are set correctly on the back of the hard drives and the dvd player, and that both are plugged into the correct place on tne motherboard
If you are running Raid 0 , then I would proceed with caution as its very difficult to make changes. If the Operating System in a Raid 0 system is botched you are forced to reinstall Windows. If one hard drive fails in a raid 0 system..you have to reload windows. If you are in raid 1 or 5 then its a little bit easier
Task time out means it took too long for the hard drive to find something or execute a task. Add more memory if you can. You should defrag your hard drive system, so that it is organized. It is also possible that the message may not be of much consequence, such as a slow shutdown or startup. You can go to computer management by right clicking mY Computer in Windoows and click manage..then you need to read the error logs, system logs, application logs. When you find your error, click on the option to find out more..this will look up the problem in microsofts database and tell you what the problem is and if it is something you need to worry about. SQL server and other microsoft os also have management functions too. You also need to check advanced system information and look to see if you have any irq conflicts or forced hardware issues. Then I would go to device manager from system tools and look to see if you have any problems. On your raid driver right click and select properties and see what the driver is and its date. You can update the driver from here..if you let it search online it goes to the microsoft database to find the updated driver.
So you need to look up the error code at Microsoft-search online via Computer Management and you need to look at Device Manager for Yellow Exclamation marks or Red marks. Then look at advance system information to see if you have any irq conflicts or forced hardware. I suggest Defrag and more memory if you can afford it. Also backup you data now and set a restore point now. Get a backup computer ready to go online to get info in case your raid system goes down.
As I recall LBA 0x00 came back as something not to worry about in my last online query of microsoft error codes via computer management. I would also suggest a used book on raid from amazon..something written in the last two years.
I am by no means a raid expert, and I hope you find the solution to your problems..I would look for raid forums. and also server forums might have many more people with raid experience.
 01/09/2010 01:27 PM

Author Icon
debboz

I've had the same problem. I tried to update my driver but it said I was already on the latest version
 01/11/2010 12:07 AM

Author Icon
wpistulka

Go here, and post the info requested and I will see if I can help you.
wp

-------------------------
Click here to read what to post when asking for help.
CLICKYCLICKY!!
 01/11/2010 01:05 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

What hard drives and in what configuration do you have ?

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information