AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: X4 965 ==> 800 mhz FIX! but also not A fix .? FIXED!! Bios Update did The trick 1602 is bad bios now using 1702
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/12/2010 06:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2010 06:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
davyvs
Lurker

Hi ,

i have an 965 processor and i have this problem that many people have, running @ 800 mhz, now example.. i turn on pc and it go's on very slow because it's running @ 800...
then the fix to get it at normal speed = just open epu,( if u dnt have it u must download it or otherwise u just cant get normal speed)
Then click the max saving button and then back to high performance ... tada ur pc is @ 3.4

many people say bios this bios that blablabla ... omg ?? or othere people say go epu set to high performance.. then the guy that have's the problem to haves a look at epu and what he see's.. OOPS epu is already at high performance...whell here's my solution ...

BUT!!!!! when u think it's fixed then NO!! Atleast not with me ... and i need help with this ...
it stay's at the speed it should be when the pc is turned on.. but then u shut it down turn back on and speed is back @ 800 mhz .. so there we go again epu.... buuuhhhh :'(

Realy it's anoying to always put epu to max power saving and then back to high performance to get my speed...

What i already tried...

bios = updated
putted it on right speed ..
reinstalled epu. restarted pc , it boots up normal with right speed but only for one time... friend of me said try uninstalling epu.. did that to but then pc is at 800 mhz + it stays like that U NEED EPU at that point? and no, the saving managing of vista doesn't work to get the speed it just stays at 800mhz on high performance or energysaving...

Thx in advance

grtz davy.

-------------------------
System Specs:

Processor : Amd Phenom X4 965 Stock speed + zalman Cnps9900 Blue Led
Motherboard : Crosshair Formula 3
Graphics card : Ati Radeon HD4870X2
Memory Ram : Patriot Viper series 1600Mhz

Edited: 08/14/2010 at 12:58 PM by davyvs
 08/12/2010 08:43 PM

Author Icon
eaglenv

Originally posted by: davyvs

Hi ,

i have and 965 processor and i have this problem that many people have, running @ 800 mhz, now example.. i turn on pc go's on very slow because it's running @ 800...

then the fix to get it at normal speed = just open epu,( if u dnt have it u must download it or otherwise u just cant get normal speed)

Then click the max saving button and then back to high performance ... tada ur pc is @ 3.4

many people say bios this bios that blablabla ... omg ?? or othere people say go epu set to high performance.. then the guy that have's the problem to haves a look at epu and what he see's.. OOPS epu is already at high performance...whell here's my solution ...

BUT!!!!! when u think it's fixed then NO!! Atleast not with me ... and i need help with this ...

it stay's at the speed it should be when the pc is turned on.. but then u shut it down turn back on and speed is back @ 800 mhz .. so there we go again epu.... buuuhhhh :'(

Realy it's anoying to always put epu to max power savind and then back to high performance to get my speed...

What i already tried...

bios = updated

putted it on right speed ..

reinstalled epu. restarted pc , it boots up normal with right speed but only for one time... friend of me said try uninstalling epu.. did that to but then pc is at 800 mhz + it stays like that U NEED EPU at that point? and no, the saving managing of vista doesn't work to get the speed it just stays at 800mhz on high performance or energysaving...

Thx in advance1

grtz davy.

Would help if you gave us system specs.....
 08/12/2010 11:34 PM

Author Icon
r9ball
Lurker

In the BIOS,, under Advanced BIOS Features ,,,disable AMD K8 Cool&Quiet...and your CPU should be set at 200Mhz clock x17.........it is always best to do your adjustments in the BIOS
 08/13/2010 05:28 PM

Author Icon
davyvs
Lurker

Specs

MB : crosshair formula 3
Gfx : ati hd4870X2
Ram : patriot DDR3 viper 1600Mhz

cool & quit is disabled it's standard on my motherboard when i go back to default settings

I NEEEEEEEED HEEEEEELPP

i dont wanna do a fresh install because it prob gonna be the same like now
to laazyy

K so i did a fresh install.. it was still the same... finnaly bumped on a formum telling that bios version 1602 is bad... so i updated it to what they recommended 1702

Fixed PC UP AND RUNNING SMOOOTTHHH, yiihaaaa

-------------------------
System Specs:

Processor : Amd Phenom X4 965 Stock speed + zalman Cnps9900 Blue Led
Motherboard : Crosshair Formula 3
Graphics card : Ati Radeon HD4870X2
Memory Ram : Patriot Viper series 1600Mhz

Edited: 08/14/2010 at 12:59 PM by davyvs
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information