AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CPU fan problem, help please!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2011 06:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2011 06:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ajfman08
Lurker

I am currently doing my first build and I'm at the point of installing the CPU fan for AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition but I'm having A LOT of trouble doing it. The clips don't seem to be long enough to clasp on without me forcing it to what I think is too much. Is this a problem someone else has encountered? Any tips?

Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated and thanks.
 01/08/2011 08:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jdetnerski
Driod

The clips can be a pain in the butt.. The only real tip to give when mounting would be to wiggle the lever until it freely moves and allows the clip to hang loose.. Once the mechanism is loose, secure the clip without the lever first and with a little adjustment (and possibly the help of a non-magnetic flat head screwdriver) set the lever side onto the locking clips and lock the lever in the down position to secure. It will all come together. For a new build its best to assemble the mainboard (CPU, cooler and memory) prior to installing it into the case to allow for more hand room and a better visual of the locking mechanism..

-------------------------
System Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78-E
Memory: 8 Gig (4 x 2Gig) G-Skill 1066 DDR2
CPU: AMD Phenom II x 4 955 BE @3.8Ghz
Cooling: AC Freezer 64 cooler
PSU: Corsair 750W
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R489UD-1GD HD 4890
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information