AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: X6 1055T Overheating and Thermaldrop! No OC!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2011 03:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2011 03:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
n3o1988
Lurker

Hi,

im from germany and hope you can forgive me for my bad english.
I have following problem. When i start prime95 my processor need 5-6 Minutes to reach the critical Temperatur of 62°C i think and react with a decreasing from 2,8 Ghz to 1,5 Ghz that he can cool down a little bit.
In Windows with Fan Control and other Monitor Programms he shows me 55°C. But in normal Mode he gives me in Windows 36°C and in the Bios 43°C so i think there is a mistake of 7 degreas. So my processor should reach 62°C and not 55°C is that right?
The guy from the hardware store try to tell me that there is something wrong with the software and there are wrong temperature sensors which are the reason for my problem.
But i think the problem is that he build in only a Cooler Master TX3 over the CPU and only a 120cm Fan in front of the Chassi. There is no Fan on the back side which brings the heat off the pc.

What are you thinking? I dont think that there is a mistake with the chip and so far in know this thermaldrop reaction have nothing to do with the Software and Windows Version.

here is my PC:
AMD X6 1055T
GTX 460 810Mhz OC Version
4GB Ram
Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 Mainboard
Cooler Master TX3 CPU Fan
Ximatek Asgard CHasi(I hope this word is correct for that what i mean )
450W Bequiet

Thanks for you time
Greetings
 06/13/2011 10:55 AM

Author Icon
ZenoS
Lurker

Check your core voltage. Mine was set to 1.475v and I had a bios idol of 68c. I lowered my vcore to 1.4v and it lowered BIOS idol to 56c.

BIOS has no software to control the idol of the CPU so your temperatures will get higher in bios than in Windows.
 06/13/2011 02:53 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Can you take some pictures of the inside of your case so that we can get a visual of what kind of cooling you have setup in your case?

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 06/13/2011 02:59 PM

Author Icon
cravinmild

Add some fans. Five packs are the cheapest way to go with fans. You want fans to exaust and intake air to reduce the internal temps as much as possable. You have a hot gpu too. The air your using to cool the cpu is alrighty very warm because its sitting in your case and warmed by the other components.

Get some fans and you ll see a nice temp reduction. The 1055 does have a temp issue in that it says it about 10c cooler than it really is. IF i went by what my 1055 tells my then im below room temp....which isnt possable on a H70 cooler.

My lowest idles on a cooler day are 13c.... add 10c to that temp and youll be close to my true temps.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information