Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD phenomII 1045t
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/11/2012 11:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/11/2012 11:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JacobLoos
Lurker

Probably not where this should be posted but w/e, recently up'd to this computer, it has a 450w power supply with 3 fans, 8 gigs of ram, windows 7 home premium, and a gt240, I've ordered a 600w power supply and 8 more gigs of ram incase the problem is simply the comp being too bad to handle what im doing, which would make little sense since I can do those things on my old office computer from 2005, so my problem, I blue screen at random, sometimes while just having one tab of chrome/internet explorer open, other times just a game like WoW/SC/LoL open, and sometimes a combination, I've already gotten rid of my amd graphics drivers so they arent interfering with the gt 240s'. I would like to know atleast a few of the possibilites, maybe a faulty motherboard or power supply? Etc. Thanks.

-------------------------
Why must new computers fail so hard.
 04/11/2012 04:50 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Try changing your power management option in your control panel from "Balanced" (which is the default setting) to performance. If the issue is caused by throttling then changing this option will stop your CPU from throttling and hopefully resolve the problem.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 04/11/2012 07:27 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

A complete system specifications list would be really helpful. With brand names. Not just "450w PSU".

Also, you can go under advanced system settings and tell the computer not to reboot immediately after it bluescreens. This should give you time to see the exact error message the blue screen is reporting, and maybe even a file name. We can use that to see what the issue is.

Doesn't sound like the computer is just not good enough. A blue screen just means you have a hardware or software issue going on.

My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information