Topic Title: A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor
Topic Summary: Oh mai
Created On: 12/19/2007 08:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2007 08:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nitoxys

Hey Guys,
I purchased a whole combination of hardware and have all the latest drives for all of my compenents and operating system.
Could this be a CPU, RAM or motherboard issue? I've heard of all the above but no one has been able to fix it.
Its getting really really really annoying? Could this error be an actual bad core? No matter what I do, I still get the error every off occasion.

Does anyone have a legitamate fix for this?

Full error message
"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within an allocated time"
Error 0x101

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it's HPET Timer thats enabled, however I don't want to get rid of the precise event timer, I'd have any day over APIC.

If you need my system specs, its in my sig.

-------------------------
Phenom 9500+ @ 2.2Ghz
MSI K9A2 Platinum v1.0 Bios V1.1
4GB Geil PC8500 CAS 5-5-5-12
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (SP1 RC)
Sondigo Inferno HD Soundcard
MSI 8800GTS 640MB OCed (169.25)
 12/20/2007 03:24 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi Nitoxys,

I had this same problem recently with the 9500 installed in a M2N32SLI mobo.

I think its related to the HT problems that most mobos seem to be having running Phenoms....

As I think at least that the processor referred to in the bsod could be referrign to either one pof the main CPU cores or could also be referring to the NB Core, or even a GPU, which of course interact with the CPU via the HT Link, so with the evident problems with the HT links from mobo manufacturers, this could be a likely cause.

The only fix for it IMO is to check the HT settings in the BIOS, try a CLR CMOS and restore BIOS to default settings, if none of those work, then try checking for a BIOS update from the mobo manufacturer website as a lot of new BIOS' will most likely be released to fix issues with Phenom and the TLB errata as well.

If it helps you at all I only started getting this BSOD after I manually tried to set my HT multi to the correct x5 multi for the M2N32SLI, which is why I feel that its related to the HT Link.....

Best wishes

Kaz

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 12/27/2007 12:13 AM

Author Icon
drod910

Phenom 9500
2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 = 4GB of memory
GIGABYTE MA790FX-DS5 board
Zalman 9500 (giant cooling fan)
x1950PRO 512MB Power Color Vid Card

At stock settings: (optimized defaults in bios)
I ran the OCCT stress tests...first one auto (which is both CPU and Memory i'm guessing) and BSOD both times in 12-20 minutes out of 30 minutes (error:a clock interupt was not received on a secondary processor within the alocated time interval). BSOD while these tests were running and i was opening another program / app.

Then the third time I ran it on just memory it was fine, then i ran it again on both mem and cpu and worked just fine, then i ran it for 5 hours on both CPU and Memory just fine (note: let the stress test run without intefering with the computer)

....then i really stressed it by running AMD Overdrives bench util, prime 95, and OCCT....that completely hard locked up with no BSOD in about 10 minutes.

Note: I ran memtest86+ of a bootable disc and let it go through almost 1.5 passes (about an hour of testing) memory came out fine, error free. Tried removing one stick, tried swapping the sticks, bsod was still present, so i'm confident it's not the memory.

overclocked fsb to 210:
The same BSOD error as soon as it booted up varying from a few seconds of loading bar of vista, to about 2 minutes into OS. At this point i'm concluding it's related to either the processor or the mother board....playing with the HT from Auto, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 (FSB), I was able to get into varying stages of how far into windows i could get before it BSOD'd. Even played with the HTT(Hypter Transport Transmit) volt and HTR (Hyper Transport Receive) voltage {0,+0.05}, {.05, 0}, {+.05,+.05} ...BSOD came even faster playing with the voltages... even incremented the CPU voltage 1 step at at time and rebooted a few times upping it each time with no luck.

In conclusion ...BSOD shows on stock settings running multiple stress tests and/or doing something simple while the stress test is going, such as opening another application in some instances)... raising the FSB makes the error much more prominent that it barely gets into windows fully if it even makes it that far. At FSB 205, and most notably at FSB 210.

Do I have a bad processor? Seems directly related to HT settings Your thoughts? Anyone?
 12/28/2007 02:26 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi drod910,

As I say in the post above I also believe its directly related to the HT issues, its just unclear at the moment whether this is a BIOS issue that can be resolved with upated BIOS' as and when they become availabel or whether its a more serious problem to do with compatability with Phenoms AM2+ HT 3.0 capability over the older HT standard implemented on AM2 mobos.

I guess only time will tell.... but its sure not looking good at the moment for AMD who promised drop[ in compatability with AM2 mobos. I hope I'm wrong but I got a feeling its going to prove to be the case that a new AM2+ mobo will be needed to get Phenom running properly.

EDIT: I just noticed you are using a 790FX mobo, so all I would say is to keep checking the mobo manufacturers website for BIOS updates, which will hopeful;ly address the HT issues you are experiencing.

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide

Edited: 12/28/2007 at 02:29 AM by kazgirl
 12/28/2007 04:08 PM

Author Icon
r0nrules

I

Edited: 12/28/2007 at 09:37 PM by r0nrules
 01/06/2008 10:55 AM

Author Icon
stubbie

I am also getting this BSOD all the time. In fact all I have to do it click on the IE quick launch icon about 10 times rapidly and the computer will crash.

I'm running:
- Phenom 9600
- 4x1 GB DDR2 1066
- Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6
- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
- 4x750 GB WD HD, RAID 0+1
- Vista Ultimate 64bit

I have tried removing the memory and putting it in one stick at a time. I also have the latest BIOS update v3 (12/21/07) with the TLB Errata fixes, all to no avail.
The PC crashes constantly and is basically unusable. I am going to try playing with the HT settings in the BIOS.

Any other suggestions or ideas about what the problem is with this?
 01/08/2008 12:22 PM

Author Icon
drod910

I'm returning the processor to new egg, I'm almost convinced it's a core going bad. When raising the front side bus to 205 the BSOD becomes more apparent, at 210 barely gets into windows. Now this is overclocking, however in such small increments shouldn't affect it (base 200 fsb...mere 50-100mhz increase). Secondly, it's always on the secondary processor...you'd think if it was the settings the first processor would fail 50% of the time. I've read forums of people with the same chipset, processor, fan and they aren't running into this issue.

Once I receive my new processor, I will post back with the results to let you know if it is indeed a bad core. Most likely is.
 01/14/2008 04:59 AM

Author Icon
dcfan60

I FOUND WHAT CREATES the problem

I get that same error randomly. I found out what it is, thanks to all you guys and about 3 other forums and 3 sleepless nights.

Here it is. I have an ASUS M2N-sli Delux with Bios 1302 and a 3day old 9500 phenom. Before I found out I had to enable cool and quiet on the bios to get the processor at the proper speeds I hade the FSB at 230 and NEVER had any problems but as soon as I enabled Cool and Quiet to get the problem speed, it became unstable and got the BSOD error saying about the secondary core. So I when all the way down to 200Mhz FSB and still got random BSOD I tried everything. every Voltage, FSB speed, HT Multiplier possible and ever messed around with different RAM on my mobo... everything I could. I even managed to hack AMD's OverDrive Utility to work on a Non AMD chipset in Vista x64 with it I cant change any setting but the Multi and that is all I need.
So thanks to the theory of a BAD core, I decided to go back to 230Mhz FSB and CnQ disabled. I opened OverDrive and started increasing the Multi of each processor to reach 2.2Ghz I know that even at stock 2.2 it Randomly gives me BSOD. First 2 Cores took it fine the gave me no problem, got to the 3rd core and wham! BSOD with "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" error, restarted computer opened OverDrive again and only increased the Multy of the 3rd core to reach 2.2Ghz and Wham! BSOD again. so far 3rd core is Bad. started PC again Increased Multy of 1st 2nd and 4th core to 2.3Ghz and no problems no BSODS no nothing. So far I managed to to get the 3rdcore to 2070Mhz and it wont BSOD, anything higher and I crash.

All this just happed about 15Minutes ago. I could not Wait to tell you all since I been pulling my hair out cuz of this and I know many of have too.
Before I had the same issue as all of you 210Mhz with the correct Multy = windows BSOD and Fail to even Boot.

So Call AMD, CALL newegg call who ever and get that processor replaced for a working one and start OCing baby! Thank you all guys. I can finaly sleep, thank you all.
 01/14/2008 08:41 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Any chance you can get us that hack for the AOD...

I'd love to try to reproduce this...

I've not yet been able to ge AOD to install..... so if you have any pointers on that, I'd really appreciate any hep.

Congrats on solving your problem...

01/14/2008 01:32 PM

Author Icon
dcfan60

Originally posted by: kazgirl

Any chance you can get us that hack for the AOD...

I'd love to try to reproduce this...

I've not yet been able to ge AOD to install..... so if you have any pointers on that, I'd really appreciate any hep.

Congrats on solving your problem...

I can tell you how to do it. its very easy. AOD does work for Nvidia Chipsets but only in versions Below 2.0.10 and for Vista 64bit aparently only version 2.0.14 does work but it says you must have a 7xx chipset. any way here is how I did it
1.- Get AMD OverDrive 2.0.9 and 2.0.14. (you can probably use 2.0.7 too but I used 2.0.9)
2.- install AOD 2.0.14, now go to were it was installed. by default its "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\AMD OverDrive\amd64" there is a file there called AODDriver.sys there, you need copy that file to your desktop.
3.- Now uninstall AOD 2.0.14 and install 2.0.9
4.- Now go back to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\AMD OverDrive\amd64" and replace the "AODDriver.sys" with the one from your desktop.

As I said B4 the only thing that works is the Multi Changer and the parts where it tells you your current CPU's speed. you cant change anything else and any other monitor like the Vcore and Temp do not work at all. I use it in combination with CPUz 1.4.3 so I can actualy read the VCORE voltage.

This worked with a ASUS M2N-SLI Delux bios 1302 and a 9500 phenom. GL all and remeber if you do anything to your comp it was your idea and its not my fault if you blow it up.
 01/14/2008 04:47 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi dcfan,

Thanks for that, I got AOD working now, like you say it only allows you to change the CPU Multis, but the stability tool works as well, which is handy.

I havn't gotten around to testing anything yet, goling to give it a go tomorrow.

I think the way I'm going to do it is to drop the multi down to x10 in the BIOS, and the FSB to 220, so that its still at the stock 2200MHz, then boot to Windows and try to raise the core multi's one by one to x11 to see which core with mine is the problem....

It certainly makes sense, that this is the problem, i.e. AMD were under pressure to get Phenom out, but as everyone knows they were having trouble getting higher speed bins...

It also explains the tri-core that they announced, seems that they must've been having a large number of CPU's with a core that wouldn't run as high, so instead of scrapping the lot, they just disable the one core and then bin it at a higher speed tri-core, rather than a low end quad-core..... rather than lose $$$$.

It really does explain the whole tri-core that AMD announced out of the blue...

Anyway I'm going to have a go at it tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere with my Phenom.....

I think I'll put my RAM divider down to 667 as well, just to make sure theres enough headroom on the RAM.

=================================
.............................EDIT:....................................
=================================

OK so I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd have a go at it tonight....!!

I set RAM at 667, FSB at 220, CPU Multi x10, HT Multi x5, increased the CPU>NB Voltage to 1.4v, NB Core voltage to 1.4v and SB Core to 1.6v.

POST'ed OK, Booted OK, opened AOD,

changed core 0 multi to 10.5 and tested for 5mins with AOD stability test, all tests, > all OK > set back to x10

changed core 1 multi to x10.5 tested as above > all OK > set back to x10

core 2 > set to x10.5, tested as above, 2 mins in, BSOD, secondary processor blah..blah... > re-booted, started AOD again

Core 3 > set to x10.5, tested as above, all OK.

So again it looks like its the 3rd core thats the problem with me as well....

So anyway, having isolated that I tested a bit more sticking to Cores 0, 1 and 3, leaving Core 2 at 220 x10

Raised all other Cores to 220 x 11 = 2420MHz

Tested for 5mins as above, all tests, all OK, no problem....

So I thought I'd give 3DM06 a go....!!!

As soon as I opened 3DM06, instantly froze up on me, black screen, but the display hadn't failed as pressing CTRL ALT DEL, brought up task manager, but at that point it locked up copletely needing a reset....

At that point I decided to call it a night.......

Typical just before I tried 3dm06 I was working out already, what multi to put the bad core on, if I had a fsb of 250 for the others, to give 2750Mhz on the good cores....

I'm going to have another go tomorrow, I'm thinking it may be down to the HT possibly, not sure, but I think I'll try lowering the HT multi to x4 to see if that helps at all.....

Oh yeah I increased the CPU voltage from 1.2v to 1.25v as well....!!!

But it does seem as though the problem lies with 1 of the 4 cores.......

So the whole reasoning behind AMD's tri-core is becoming all too apparent now.....!!!!

Its not some eco-friendly plan of AMD's to provide multi core at low power, its just a way for them to sell all the quad-core rejects.......

So buying a tri-core is like buying a broken quad core CPU, not sure its something I'd want to do....!!!

Although that said, it seems that to get an OC out of the current Phenoms, on an AM2 mobo at least, you can only have a tri-core OC anyway.

Just speculating here but maybe this is the whole reason behing AOD being released, to make it possible to OC individual cores, as AMD knew that in all likelihood the majority of CPU's would have at least one core that would clock significantly lower than the others.... so the only way to OC is via independent Core clocking, something which hasn't been possible before AOD.

So anyway tomorrow I'm going to try the 250 x 9 in the BIOS for 2250MHz

Then increase the multis using AOD, on Cores 0, 1 & 3, to x11, giving 2750Mhz.

I'm going to put the HT multi at x4, so still giving a 1000MHz HT speed. (250x4)

But I'm wondering then about the NB speed, which with a x9 multi is going to be 2250Mhz, thats quite a lot higher than the stock 1800MHz.

And theres no way to change the NB multi in the BIOS unfortunately, it would be really handy to have an option there to reduce the NB multi to keep the NB speed down a bit........

Now I wish I had a 9600BE with its unlocked multis.... might be able to have some fun with that.... !!!!
==================================================
==================================================

Edited: 01/14/2008 at 08:51 PM by kazgirl
 01/15/2008 01:02 AM

Author Icon
dcfan60

hey kazgirl
Im glad the hack worked for you too and I also noticed you got the same bad core as I did... the 3rd core. ghey..... Maybe its a manufaturing Error or some bad batch of waffers... who knows.

I cant seem to get the other 3 cores stable boyond 2.3Ghz no matter what voltage or HT combo I do. As metion B4 I been reading every forum I could find on the subject, even the ones were only fat and ungly trolls roam in... and People reported ether having the BSOD issue like us or being able to OC the processor to at least 2.6Ghz at 1.3V on the Vcore. so Im guessing its not so much that the other cores are bad OCers, but that since the 3rd core is bad it does affect the stability of the oder cores. we could try to disable the 3rd core but you can only do it in some AMD 7xx Motheboards, so I cant really test it out, but it makes scence. even if one core crashed for ANY reason it BSOD. I blame it all on core 3 aka CPU Core 2 since in computers start counting at 0 not at 1.

ether way. I already called newegg and placed a Refund on the proc and bought a nother 9500, I dont want to have to wait for a week without a Computer. I i'll lose about like $6 this way but what ever. as long as I can OC to 2.5Ghz i'll be happy and if I can get 2.7 i'll cry but if I can get 2.9-3.0 I'll just crap my pants. hehe.

I love you and all AMD but I feel like im playing with Beta technoly. no even Alpha. you guys should read whats going on in other forums. it chaos out there.
its a hit or miss with phenoms.

I think Phenom has some issues but for what I notice the No1 problem are the Motherboard's Bios. Everyone from AM2 Nvidia Chipset mobos, to AMD's 7xx. they are all missing options, they're all bugged up... ETC. the high-end AMD mobos seem to be doing better but they start a $170 and go all the way up to $250... that is WAY too much for a mobo. the 9500 phenom was 189.99 in newegg with free shipping and a free game. I use 2x 8800GTS 640MB in SLI so I have stick with Nvidia Motherboards. Im personaly wating for Nvidia's 780a and 750a chipsets for socket AM2+. they just announced them in CES 2008 so I dont know how long b4 we can see them on the market

GL to all. as soon I get my hand on the Proc i'll report back with new results.
 01/15/2008 05:24 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi again,

YEs I've got 2 x 8800GTS 320MB SLI, and I'm also waiting to see the 780a mobos form Nvidia..... I've read somewhere that they should be available Feb, fingers crossed on that one....

The problem with the Phenom though is that well the CPU works OK at stock speed, 200 x 11, at least it works fine for me at that speed, although my RAM won't run at its rated speed, I think thats down to the poor BIOS support......though it could have something to do with the new Phenom mempry controller...????

So really speaking I can't really return it or ask for a refund....!!! I just get the feeling that most of the Phenoms that are available at the moment aren't capable of much of an OC.

I have to say that its dissapointing to see after all the fuss about Phenom and native Quad Core that AMD has been beating the drum about for the last 2 years, that the older Intel Quad Cores are way outperforming the Phenoms......I came very close last year to getting a Q6600 but decided to wait for Phenom.....I really wish I had succumbed now and bought that Q6600.

OK so I'm going to have another go at tweaking with the settings again today to see what I can get from it..... though I'm glad that you got AOD to work, it gives me something else to play with..!!

I can't wait for the 780a mobos to come though..!!!!

01/15/2008 03:38 PM

Author Icon
dcfan60

Originally posted by: kazgirl

Hi again,

YEs I've got 2 x 8800GTS 320MB SLI, and I'm also waiting to see the 780a mobos form Nvidia..... I've read somewhere that they should be available Feb, fingers crossed on that one....

The problem with the Phenom though is that well the CPU works OK at stock speed, 200 x 11, at least it works fine for me at that speed, although my RAM won't run at its rated speed, I think thats down to the poor BIOS support......though it could have something to do with the new Phenom mempry controller...????

So really speaking I can't really return it or ask for a refund....!!! I just get the feeling that most of the Phenoms that are available at the moment aren't capable of much of an OC.

I have to say that its dissapointing to see after all the fuss about Phenom and native Quad Core that AMD has been beating the drum about for the last 2 years, that the older Intel Quad Cores are way outperforming the Phenoms......I came very close last year to getting a Q6600 but decided to wait for Phenom.....I really wish I had succumbed now and bought that Q6600.

OK so I'm going to have another go at tweaking with the settings again today to see what I can get from it..... though I'm glad that you got AOD to work, it gives me something else to play with..!!

I can't wait for the 780a mobos to come though..!!!!

if the 780a come out in april that would be awsome...
What you are talking about the new northbridge on the phenoms you are right. so far people have found that many of them cant really OC it over 2Ghz, since it has a multi of 9 so 200*9= 1800. thats why some people cant reach over 230Mhz on the FSB. 230*9=2070 and they hit a brick wall. Also, a reason why phenom black edition and high-end mobos give you better result. the black edition you can just increase the Milti without having to change the Northbridge speed of 1.8ghz and some high-end AMD Mobos can change the multi of the Northbridge to somehting lower, so you can increse the OC. AOD has that option but you cant change just yet. I thinks most of the problems are bios related as you mentioned it too. What truly justifies this (I think) is that people with AM2 mobos that updated their Bios to the one that allows you to use phenoms have huge issues with overclocking as well. Also people with some AMD 7xx mobos that have bios issues too because people are still using their Old A64 x2 on them and they cant OC or have stability problems, and we know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the Athlon 64 x2.
 01/16/2008 05:39 PM

Author Icon
dcfan60

Got the New processor!!! and guess what it fixed all the problems.

I could only do 230Mhz FSB before now I can 260Mhz.
I could only OC to 2.3Ghz on 3cores and 2.0 in 1core. now I can do 2.85Ghz in all cores!

**** yeah!!! im happy

Anyway. here are the conclutions from this experince.

1.- your Max FSB is affected by your Phenom. good phenom = good FSB
Bad Phenom only gave me 230 and I hit a brick Wall. the new one 260 so far. have not messed with it much.
2.- if you cant OC at all not even 100Mhz its your Phenom.
3.- My memory could only do 533Mhz in order to get the old phenom stable and its rated at 677mhz. the new one I have it 780Mhz with no problems... makes sense since the old Phenom gave me FSB problems.
 01/20/2008 10:42 AM

Author Icon
JesterOnYEr6

I have the 9600BE but I cant make 2.6 stable unless I hook an extension cord up to the pins and it gets pretty hot it takes over 1.4 vcore. I dont know what to do should I lower the HT liunk add more voltage to one of the bridges or just wait for a good board. I am not so sure this M2N can supply the proper voltage to the CPU.

****************update****************************
OK looks like a I have a sick #3 core as well I can raise the other 3 to 2.7 ghz no prob on stock voltage but the 3rd core requires dangerous voltage it seems to get it stable I am going to add the #3 core into the trio mix and see if it might be a rail problem as I do have a power hungr R600 in my box as well.

***************update****************************

I tried to raise the core 3 multi by itself and the system hard locked so I left core 3 @ 2.4 and raised the other 3 to 2.7 at STOCK voltage! I ran 3Dmark 06 and busted 11K.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4804825

Phenom 9600 BE @ 2.5 ghz | Ati HD2900XT | OCZ Titanium XTC DDR800 4Gigs | MSI K9A2 Platinum | XFi Xtreme | Zalman 9700 | Enermax 620W | Dell 2405 | G7 | G15

Edited: 01/20/2008 at 11:46 AM by JesterOnYEr6
 02/06/2008 12:50 AM

Author Icon
drod910

3 weeks later and a bunch of B.S. from new egg and I got my replacement processor. Put the FSB to 215 and it runs stable, so my last processor was, in fact, bad.

If you can't get your FSB to at least 215 without getting a BSOD interrupt error, you have a bad core, furthermore, a bad processor.

P.S. Keep everything that comes with your product from new egg...even the box it came in, it wasn't valid till I sent the box in seperately.

But...new processor, everything works

Edited: 02/06/2008 at 01:02 AM by drod910
 02/08/2008 01:54 AM

Author Icon
Silentscooter

Looks like I may have a bad CPU based on the above, but I'm not sure and would like a little imput from others.

I have the M2N SLI Deluxe mb with phenom 9500 , bios version 1302.

I can't even change the FSB to 210 or I get BSOD. I got AMD over drive to work based on dcfan60 hack as stated above and it worked.

The CPU multi is x11 and 200 FSB for a stock speed of 2.200.

I can not change the FSB in the bios or i get BSOD everytime. 210, 220, 230 all the same result. Didn't touch the voltage.

Help or do I have a bad core in the phenom.
Thanks

M3N HT Deluxe
Phenom X4 940, watercooled
4GIG OCZ 1066, SLI ready
BFG GTX 260 (216) in SLI
Antec 850 Watt
Case Coolermaster HAF
Gaming @ 1680x1050
 02/08/2008 11:20 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

My guess would be that it most likely your yet another unfortunate customer of AMD's batch of dodgy CPU's

Try to get another, but theres no gaurantee you'll get a good one, theres just so many defective CPU's on the market at the moment.

I may try to get an exchange from the retailer for mine, otherwise I'd say to anyone thinking of buying a Phenom...DON'T.....at least not yet..... I hate to have to say it, as I like AMD generally, but in this case the Phenom is a disaster for them.

There are are all sorts of problems even under optimal circumstances, such as using an AM2+ mobo which is limited at the moment to AMD chipsets as well, and all in all, from what I've read, I'd say that AMD just aren't up to scratch at the moment...... theres problems with the Phenom and with SB600, also the next gerneration of mobos using SB700 also have flaw, albeit patched byh mobo mabufacturers having to fit an external clock generator, as the internal one on the SB700 is broken....

This will be fixed on the SB710 generation of mobos.....

So overall its not a good time to be buying AMD, and its a shame, as its probably the time that AMD needs people to be buying, which is probably why all these problems exist in the first place, they needed to rush products onto the market to get some much needed sales and revenue, but at what cost to the consumer...????

02/09/2008 12:14 PM

Author Icon
Raiderman

I agree with kazgirl, I have been having the same issues with my phenom, and just became tired of dickin with it. Very frustrated! I am using an AM2 sempron, and its rock solid, but extremely slow Cant even run crossfire with this thing. Send the darn thing back and get another. I shipped mine off yesterday, and I will keep shipping them back at the first sign of instability. If I keep shipping them back I may finally end up with the new stepping
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information