AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: guys...could you help me???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/30/2007 05:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/30/2007 05:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
coolharris93

i have M2N32WS professional.The bios for the phenom (1703)doesn't work cause it has a problem with the HT Link.Can you help me what to do?
 12/30/2007 07:38 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi there,

Well you can try cross flashing a BIOS from another M2N32 mobo, which is what I did, I used the BIOS for the M2n32SLI Premium moo for my M2N32SLI Deluxe mobo, you'll need to use awdflash to flash the BIOS and as its a BIOS for a different model mobo you'll need to use a certain cmd instrcution to run awdflash to flash the BIOS.

This is of course all done at your own risk....I decided to take the risk myself and it worked out for me.

At the cmd prompt, you'll need to use the following line where xxxx.bin is the name of the BIOS file.

awdflash xxxx.bin /py /sn /f

you'll need to make sure that you have the awdflash utility and also the BIOS file on the same media, i.e. floppy disk, you'll probably nmot have neough room on a single floppy formatted as a startup disk, to have the BIOS file and awdflash util as well, so the way I do it is to restart the PC with a startup floppy, then once the cmd prompt appears remove the startup disk and insert a floppy which has awdflash and the BIOS file on it then use the line above to run the flashing process.

AGAIN AS I SAID EARLIER THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND ALSO MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL BIOS FIRST OR HAVE A COPY AVAIALBEL IN CASE YOU NEED TO RESTORE THE ORIGINAL BIOS.

Hope it helps....

Kaz

-------------------------

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 12/30/2007 08:54 AM

Author Icon
coolharris93

ok maybe i 'll give it a try.Can you tell me the link of M2N32SLi 1603 bios?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information