Increase font size
Topic Title: Possible optimizer for Quad Core/Phenom
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/11/2008 10:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2008 10:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tactics702

I was just on here looking around for an optimizer for the Quad Core like the Dual Core has. I was wondering if there was any word on it or if it was even in the works. My friend has a dual core with an optimizer and said until he got it took him a while to load into certain games, longer than it should have with a good computer. With having such a fast computer it takes me quite a while to load into Planetside and I am under the assumption it could be because there is no optimizer and Planetside has no idea what a Quad Core is so it takes longer to load trying to look at the 4 different CPUs instead of one. If anyone has any input I can post a DxDiag file if it would help.

Specs:
AMD Phenom 9600 64bit
Windows Vista Home
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon 3650 HD 1GB RAM
(2) 320 GB HDs
 06/12/2008 10:53 PM

Author Icon
Tactics702

Anyone have information on this?
 06/14/2008 04:34 AM

Author Icon
Kab

Hi

This is something that would be extremely useful but something not available. Basically most applications cannot utilise 4-cores of a processor and even when they can, they do so very inefficiently, so you don't gain the performance possible with the processor's extra cores. There is nothing available to spawn more thread to a single threaded application, the problem is not the processor but the application coding itself.

Can you list what speed, timings, details you run your RAM at?
Also what motherboard are you using?
And finally, in AMD OverDrive, what color is the top right-most button when you usually use your PC?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information