Increase font size
Topic Title: PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE !
Topic Summary: AMD PHENOM X3 8450
Created On: 08/31/2008 05:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/31/2008 05:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zo

Hi i bought a new pc recently and i have posted this topic somewhere else.. but realised this would be the right place to post it.. i know my pc can perform way better but its not.. im a gamer and i have WCG coming up soon i play for 2 hours warcraft and my monitor goes black . processor fan is making a ridiculous noise.. close to 5300rpm it suddenly falls to 4800-4600 then rises up.. im very very scared man.. someone please help me.. if anything happens my parents will *$&)@&$)&@)$(& me up

im trying to put up a pic.. but i dont know how to

its a AMD PHENOM X3 8450 with the geforce 8600gt 4 gb of ram. ASUS M2A-VM motherboard. it runs at 1.05 ghz man
thats now what it shud run at .. i know that much.. i mean it has to be faster
my gaming practice is getting messed up man.. please someone help me
 08/31/2008 05:48 AM

Author Icon
zo

i tried to put the pic of CPUZ , Asus pc probe readings and the system info and the pic hasnt come.. u could download the pic from

http://rapidshare.com/files/14...986/HELP_HELP.JPG.html
 08/31/2008 05:53 AM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

The rise and fall of the fan speed is probably due to Cool and Quiet being enabled as is the fact that it is stating you cpu speed as i.05 ghz, have you checked what speed your cpu is running at when it is under load, while using say Prime 95 to stress test.

Also what cooling are you using for your cpu and what fan set up do you have in your case, the black screen after a while of gaming sounds it could be over heating related.

You need to use a image hosting site like PhotoBucket to be able to post images. Create an account and then upload an image to your account. Then you need to copy the direct link URL and then click the image button on the Replying to a message window on the amd forum and paste it in.
 08/31/2008 05:57 AM

Author Icon
zo

hey man thank u for replying. i dont know what is what.. i have absolutely no support from AMD or the computer store where i bought it from.. i had to install everything on my own. i dont how to check my cpu speed .. all i know is.. when im gaming for more than 2 hours (warcraft-dota) my cpu fan speed is at 5000+rpm and temperature of cpu is at 48-52degrees and then the screen goes black..
 08/31/2008 06:03 AM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

What you want to do is download Everest Ultimate. Install it and set it to run when windows starts up, open up the program and go into prefrences and set up reports, choose a suitable filename (i use reports.csv) and a suitable location so that you can find your reports logs when you need to.

This will then log all of your temps, etc. You may need to choose which temps you want the log to record.

Play your game until it crashes and then reboot and go and have a look at the last report file and see what your temps were at when it crashed, this should then tell us if it is indeed temp related.
 08/31/2008 07:40 AM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

Just looked at your image.

Dont worry about the 900mhz thing as that is just Cool and Quiet underclocking the cpu to save power and reduce heat, that is quite normal.

If you download Prime 95 and run it you should see in cpu-z that the mhz should go up to what it should be.

I would also go into your bios and temporarily turn off cool and quiet, boot into windows and see if the 1.05ghz value in system properties goes up to your cpu's stock frequency.

08/31/2008 07:44 AM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

Damm lag caused me to double post

Edited: 08/31/2008 at 08:09 AM by magdary
 08/31/2008 04:36 PM

Author Icon
Superhal
Overclocker

with any new computer, you shoud check to make sure you have all the current drivers. usually, the ones you need to check:

1. motherboard/bios
2. graphics card
3. processor drivers (for AMD, this includes the CnQ driver.)
4. sound (particularly for the RealTek chips. go to realtek.com themselves, not your motherboard manufacturer.)

I went through the same drama trying to get Supreme Commander to run, but I got like 10 different BSOD's.

You can also check this article: http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...2&enterthread=y

for putting on max load on your cpu and checking for heat issues. since most games don't use multiple cores, this method is more reliable and safer for checking load temperatures.

also, you can try posting your components. there are known issues with particular components and combinations of components that may be unique.

-------------------------

9750 X4 // 8600 GT // PC-6400 DDR2 800 mhz 1gig X 2 // WD 500 GB SATA HD // 580w PSU // Core Contact Freezer w/ IC Diamond 7 // DVD-RW // Win XP 32 bit // CPU-Z Validation #420180
 09/01/2008 08:31 PM

Author Icon
Superhal
Overclocker

I just saw your private message, sorry. What are the odds...your post began exactly the same way as another pm i got, so i thought it was the same one, but here it deletes the old one after you view it.

Ok, first of all it appears that CPU-Z is not reading your chip properly. get AMD CPUInfo: http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...ies/CPUInfo_2.2.0.zip

Also, it appears that Windows doesn't recognize your chip properly either. get the updated processor driver at: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce...ces/0,,30_182,00.html

use this article (http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...d=99410&enterthread=y) at Step 3 to _deactivate_ Cool n' Quiet. if you are using vista, see the 3rd post in that thread.

after you do the above steps, use this article (http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...d=99546&enterthread=y) to get speedfan and core temp. we'll probably have to adjust the core voltage on your computer and flash the bios afterwards.

-------------------------

9750 X4 // 8600 GT // PC-6400 DDR2 800 mhz 1gig X 2 // WD 500 GB SATA HD // 580w PSU // Core Contact Freezer w/ IC Diamond 7 // DVD-RW // Win XP 32 bit // CPU-Z Validation #420180
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information