Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Turion X2 Vs AMD Athlon X2 for notebooks
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/17/2009 09:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/17/2009 09:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tiger78

Hi, I have two notebooks - an acer aspire 5536 having AMD Athlon X2 QL 64 processor and a compaq presario CQ 45 with AMD Turion X2 RM 70 processor. I use the notebooks for routine tasks like surfing, handling spreadsheets, word files etc. besides watching movies, listening to music and light gaming. Both the notebooks have performed well though i have observed the AMD Athlon X2 QL 64 to be faster. This surprises me as both notebooks have windows vista home basic though the acer aspire has 3 GM RAM as against 2GB for compaq presario.

I would like to know the difference between these two processors and which one is better and in what way?
 11/18/2009 12:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iKai83

you can compare here: http://products.amd.com/en-us/NotebookCPUResult.aspx

The main difference is the wattage use of the Turion, which is slightly less than the Athlon one (31 to 35). The core speed of the Athlon is 100Mhz higher. That's it then.
Because of the highter core speed and the higher wattage use it's possible the Athlon is faster.

Interestingly there seems to be no difference between a QL-64 and 65. Strange!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information