Increase font size
Topic Title: Upgrade or buy new?
Topic Summary: Gateway Mt6456
Created On: 11/25/2009 06:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2009 06:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shadablade

Just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on this particular laptop here :

http://support.gateway.com/s/M...50R/1014350Rsp2.shtml

Ive had it for a few years now and its starting to show its age now and I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the cpu in it to one of the newer TL models and swap out the HDD for something a little bigger / faster, or would it be better to just find a newer laptop?

Its not a powerhorse yea, i mostly use it on trips or websurfing, plays FFXI pretty well, and plays movies / anime, yet im a habitual tinker / "always wanting faster" so a lil but of advice from someone maybe who has exp with this line of models would be grand.

Thanks!
 11/25/2009 11:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iKai83

There're faster TL-cpus indeed. guess you'll have to ask gateway wether it's upgradable or not. It might be, but buying a new one could be as expensive as sending it in and getting your old one with a slightly faster CPU and so on.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information