Increase font size
Topic Title: Dell Vostro 1000 Processor upgrade
Topic Summary: want to upgrade my Athlon 64 X2 TK-57
Created On: 01/26/2010 02:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2010 02:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
skipwich

Hey All,

I have had my Dell Vostro 1000 laptop for about a year now, and I find my self needing more speed that I currently have (dell claims the processor to be 1.9 Ghz dual core, but I find that the speed to be slower)

Recently I came across this Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...urion_microprocessors

I started to look through it to see what kind of processor I could get for my laptop (and I also found that my Athlon 64 X2 TK-57 is really Turion based). The only thing is, I see that I can get bigger L2 cache sizes, a larger multiplier, and faster HT speeds if I get a Turion X2 Ultra. The problem is, according to this chart I found out that my processor currently is a Socket S1, and the Turion X2 Ultras are Socket S1G2. Will this processor work in my laptop motherboard? If not, is there any pin -mods that I can do so that it will work? It would be really nice If I could do this. (before you answer "be careful taking your laptop apart," don't bother, because I have taken this laptop apart many times, and I have experience in working with computers).

If all fails, is there any way I can at least make my processor faster with some kind of BIOS update/mod or software? (I know its a long shot because its a laptop, but its worth a shot, right?)

Thanks,
Skip
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information