AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Radeon graphics in WUXGA Laptop?
Topic Summary: I'm trying to buy a new laptop with a Radeon, but I require 1200 vertical resolution.
Created On: 05/30/2010 07:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by lostbuyer, on Saturday, June 5, 2010 4:14 PM

Answer:
I should have been more precise and specifed ATI not Radeon; in any case, I have discovered that unlike lenovo, Dell and HP hide their mobile workstations separately from notebooks: both the Dell Precision M6500 and the HP EliteBook 8740w are WUXGA and offer ATI (FirePro) options.

Hope that helps anyone with similar needs! (And I'd still appreciate suggestions if someone knows of other mobile workstations that fit.)
 05/30/2010 07:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lostbuyer

I'm trying to buy a new laptop with a Radeon, but I require 1200 vertical resolution. I also want high RAM capacity, 12+GB.

All I can find are machines built on the levo D990F and the Thinkpad 701, which are nVidia; the Alienware M17x is WUXGA and Radeon but also rather inferior, and it maxes out at 8GB.

Has anyone found a laptop that would let me stay with ATI/AMD? Or seen an announcement of one being released soon?

Thanks.

(Last discussion of this topic seems to be years ago, forgive me if I searched poorly.)
 05/31/2010 05:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lostbuyer

Answer Answer
I should have been more precise and specifed ATI not Radeon; in any case, I have discovered that unlike lenovo, Dell and HP hide their mobile workstations separately from notebooks: both the Dell Precision M6500 and the HP EliteBook 8740w are WUXGA and offer ATI (FirePro) options.

Hope that helps anyone with similar needs! (And I'd still appreciate suggestions if someone knows of other mobile workstations that fit.)
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information