Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Athlon II X2 M300 64 bit getting way too hot
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2010 07:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2010 07:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aMrio
Lurker

hey everyone, i have big trouble with my notebook .. everytime i do sth wich is not f.e. office, the cpu is getting extremely hot, raises to more than 100 degree and then the notebook turns off. this happens for example when playing a game (warcraft3, starcraft2, bus driver, enemy territory or whatever), sometimes when watching an hd movie. even when looking youtube hd videos the notebook sometimes turn off cause cpu temperature higher than 100 degree.

==================

i have:

packard bell easynote lj71 with newest available bios update (the temperature problem already existed before updating the bios)

windows 7 home premium

==================

i cant find any up to date support from amd for windows 7 .. and i dont know what to. i already regret having bought a notebook with amd when seeing there is no windows 7 support for my dual core chipset and hope someone is able to help me here.

i mean look here:
http://support.amd.com/de/psea...e=&keywords=&items=20

this are all updates for athlon 64 bit, the newest file is from 2008 and i cant even install it. i dont want my cpu to slow down when unneeded, i want it not to get hot!

i already bought a laptop cooling station i placed below the notebook and it didnt changed a lot, giving just a few more minutes before it shut down ..
 11/18/2010 09:40 PM

Author Icon
SolnzeUSB
Deprecated

Buddy, I am sorry for your problem.

The problem is that highly intensive tasks have a propensity to get your laptop HOT. It, however, should not happen just by playing games or watching HD vids. You may have a problem with clogged vents, poor conduction between your CPU and/or GPU and the heat pipe, failing or clogged fan, high ambient temperature in your room or some settings in your power management.

You do not need any additional drivers for your CPU, as Win7 comes with them.

Suggestions:
1. If you are under warranty, call the company and ask for a replacement (you may have to do some things they ask you to do with your laptop before they agree)
2. Get the manual for your laptop and see how to open it. You will need to apply ArcticSilver5 on your CPU and GPU the right way to transfer the heat. Clean vents and take apart the fan to clean it (do not forget to plug it in).
3. Do not play in 100F/38C temperature.
4. The cooling pad is a good idea.
5. Do not use laptop on your lap, pillows, etc. -- hard surfaces only.
6. Check in Power Options > Advanced that you Min CPU is not 100%, but rather 10%.

Let us know how it goes.

-------------------------
"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners." V.I.Lenin

HP tx1000 | Touch-screen | TL-64 Tyler | 4GB RAM | SSD + HDD dual drive | 802.11n | Win7 U-64 + Vista U-64
 11/19/2010 09:24 AM

Author Icon
aMrio
Lurker

thanks for your answer

1. it has no warranty anymore, bought it 10 months ago and used it only for office till now .. now i have some free time but realise my cpu is not good
2. the fan is clean, no dust there .. will try the arcticsilver soon, but dont know how to apply it there properly
3. my room isnt too hot, this even happens in a non heated room with outside temperatures ..
4. ye but didnt helped .. just a bit delay before shutting down
5. i use it only on the cooling pad
6. have already tried a lot of settings there, from 60 to 90 percent, but onliest effect is everything getting slow, but still too hot
 11/22/2010 04:24 PM

Author Icon
Labi
Lurker

i'm heaving bad experience with my HP LAPTOP PAVILION DV6 with "2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-77" when i navigate on web the processor temperature is normal from 50-60, but while i'm playing games it goes till 82 degresse of celcius i know this is not good for processor, i contacted hp technical support but they didn't know any idea to solve my problem, i saw here a lot of posts about overheating same problem. i checked with CPU-Z CORE VID 0.800V
did anyone solved this problem please let us know
thank

2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-77, 1 MB Level 2 cache
 11/22/2010 08:13 PM

Author Icon
SolnzeUSB
Deprecated

@aMrio: Have you opened your laptop already? AS5 application is on YouTube: basically rice grain amount thinly spread over the surface (CPU and GPU).

@Labi: Overheating is a problem, but you should not worry about it until the laptop turns itself off. Your 82C is not a big deal. Follow some suggestions from what I wrote earlier in the post.

"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners." V.I.Lenin

HP tx1000 | Touch-screen | TL-64 Tyler | 4GB RAM | SSD + HDD dual drive | 802.11n | Win7 U-64 + Vista U-64
 11/23/2010 06:39 AM

Author Icon
Labi
Lurker

thanks solnzeusb i just slowed down maximum processor state to 90% and while playing call of duty world at war temperature goes till 67 i think this is normal
i sloved this problem without using any undervolt software. thanks again

2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-77, 1 MB Level 2 cache
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information