Increase font size
Topic Title: A6-3400M & AMD Vision Engine Control Center Problems
Topic Summary: CPU Power not working properly
Created On: 03/18/2012 07:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2012 07:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Cebela
Lurker

Hi,
I have a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5560G with A6-3400M. Putted on a fresh Win7 Ultimate, and newest drivers from AMD, ect.

First I noticed that under CPU Power, Plugged in the max speed for the processor was lower than on battery!!!

And the other problem it seems, that turbo core is not working, tested with Super Pi, got much slower times that ones I found on the web.

Googled the sh*t out of it, found nothing usefull,
Please help.
 05/11/2012 12:15 PM

Author Icon
Beretta
Lurker

At least you get to view what's on your screen without having to do a hard reboot 3-4 times a day. Mine freezes or the screen goes completely black. HP just wants to repair it but the performance is pathetic to begin with not counting the video issues. The laptop was bought in 3/12 so it's not old. Just a very poor design to begin with.
 06/04/2012 12:13 PM

Author Icon
ykhan
Lurker

Originally posted by: Cebela

Hi,

I have a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5560G with A6-3400M. Putted on a fresh Win7 Ultimate, and newest drivers from AMD, ect.

First I noticed that under CPU Power, Plugged in the max speed for the processor was lower than on battery!!!

And the other problem it seems, that turbo core is not working, tested with Super Pi, got much slower times that ones I found on the web.

Googled the sh*t out of it, found nothing usefull,

Please help.

Have you checked the power settings of your laptop, specifically under the "Processor Power Management" section under Advanced settings?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information