AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Flickering Horizontal White Lines Problem for HP Pavilion G Series Laptop
Topic Summary: Flickering Horizontal White Lines Problem for HP Pavilion G Series Laptop
Created On: 06/26/2012 08:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/26/2012 08:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Deygus
Lurker

I've got a huge problem...

I've got flickering horizontal white lines that glitch across the top of my computer screen on occasion. I researched the issue and didn't find much help, tried sending it to be serviced through best buy's geek squad but I don't even really think they did anything because now it's the same after having it back for a week and its worse than before!

Originally I thought geek squad did the servicing but i'm a tech savvy guy myself and most issues I can figure out until it involves taking the computer apart and that's where I start feeling a bit uneasy. I feel confident I can do it but I prefer someone more professional if possible especially since I bought the extended 2 year warranty when I originally got the laptop. As it turns out, geek squad didn't know jack more than I did, they didn't even look at it and instead shipped it out to someplace which they didn't tell me or tell anyone else they do which services the computer within 2-3 weeks if your lucky and sends it back. I did find out that after the 3rd time for such problems, they usually junk it, credit you the price of what you paid for it and let you pick out the same thing or something better or different even.

I don't really want to wait 2 more weeks again for it to be serviced as I run an online computer business and everything I have is stored on this computer. It's not too annoying since it's near the top edge of the screen but the fact that I know it's there is annoying the heck out of me! I was told by best buy that since this is the 2nd time they can put in a request for the place to just junk it and credit me but it's not guarantee as it's their decision whether to do so or not and if that's the case it could be credited back to me by the end of a week possibly.

I started doing some research of my own...found out numerous things...

I found out that it could be a bad screen, a bad connection, a bad driver, or even a bad graphics card. I noticed when I reboot the computer it goes away for a few days and then comes back again after awhile. I also have noticed that if I move my mouse up to the top of the screen it stops but then when the mouse arrow moves back down it comes right back. The same goes for when I open certain programs such as chrome, it'll disappear usually and occasionally it will overlap it and show. Also, When I play high-end newer games such as Mass Effect 3, Etc, it doesn't show at all, the screen and game play fine with no problems whatsoever. I am convinced that it is a driver and programming issue because of this but I'm not sure completely but still it's enough to convince me that this is the problem. I've updated my graphics driver, tried reinstalling the graphics driver, I've even tried reformatting my computer and reinstalling windows 7 and nothing seems to help. I would try a different graphics driver but am not sure if any would work or even which one I should start with if at all. Please someone help me!

System Specs:
HP Pavilion G4 Series Notebook
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (Dual-Core)
AMD Radeon HD 6480G
Direct X11
Bios Insyde F.46
4 GB of RAM

If anyone can help or needs more info, please let me know and I will provide it. Thanks!

-------------------------
GameGroove Gaming Community
& GameGroove Studios

Http://gamegroove.ucoz.net
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information