Increase font size
Topic Title: HP notebook with AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT questions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/28/2012 07:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/28/2012 07:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Hamoda
Lurker

Hello there,
About one ago i bought HP Pavilion DV6-6c50se notebook with
AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT and i've some questions:
    1 I need to know waht is the latest AMD Catalyst update package for my display drivers (not the one on HP site).

2 If i want to update the AMD Catalyst drivers package should i uninstall the old one or i can just install the new one without uninstallation of the old one?

3 I want to know how to comletely uninstall the AMD Catalyst drivers and i mean complete removal.

Note: CPU Corei7-2670QM, OS Windows7 32-bit,6 GB Ram.
Any help will be appreciated.

-------------------------
Be the cahnge you want to see in the world.
 06/28/2012 10:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

1 I need to know waht is the latest AMD Catalyst update package for my display drivers (not the one on HP site).

You can find out at the following site: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

2 If i want to update the AMD Catalyst drivers package should i uninstall the old one or i can just install the new one without uninstallation of the old one?

I would definitely uninstall the old and then clean the system completely of the old CCC version before installing the new version.

3 I want to know how to comletely uninstall the AMD Catalyst drivers and i mean complete removal.

First download and install Driver Sweeper.

To completely remove the old, fist go into Control Panel > Programs and Features and find Catalyst listed in there. Choose uninstall (not complete uninstall) and select everything you see listed there except for any USB drivers (can get buggy if you do that from what I've seen, but may not apply to you since it is a laptop and you are not on a USB connected keyboard or mouse). Once that is done choose to reboot, but reboot into safe mode. Once in there start up driver sweeper with elevated permissions (right-click, choose Run as Administrator). Select Catalyst and choose analyze (I think), followed by clean.....reboot.

Now, install the current version of Catalyst.....enjoy!!

Cheers!!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information