Increase font size
Topic Title: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 Windows 8
Topic Summary: Driver causing blank screen on restart
Created On: 07/23/2012 10:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2012 10:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ranokmai
Lurker

I recently installed Windows 8 on my HP Pavilion dv6t notebook. It has an Intel i5 processor and 4GB of RAM.
I installed the Catalyst Center for the Mobility Radeon 5650 in the computer. After I restarted the computer (and any powercycle thereafter), the screen is blank after loading into the OS. I had to reinstall Windows to use my computer.
I would like to use my graphics card, but I don't know what is causing the blank screen. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it. I know Windows 8 is in Release Preview, but the official driver *should* work.
 07/23/2012 10:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

When it comes to laptops you should look at your laptop's website for driver releases, as the "official releases" that are offered on AMD's driver site may not apply to your specific laptop model. Never place the word *should* if front of work when it comes to laptops and hardware drivers and new operating systems the result in most instances = *epic fail*.

Cheers!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information