Increase font size
Topic Title: Adobe Photoshop causing screen flicker with Radeon 6470M
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/24/2012 07:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by Milster, on Monday, September 24, 2012 10:37 PM

Answer:

Hi

FYI... The Catalyst package I installed came from Hewlett Packard. The problem was being caused by driver version 8.911.4.1 (7 Feb 2012).

Luckily HP still had the previous version still available for download, so rolling back my driver fixed my problem.

So in my instance version 8.821.1.7 (22 Aug 2011) was the solution I was looking for.

I hope this helps someone else out there!

Best. Milster

09/24/2012 07:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Milster
Lurker

Hello

Recently I installed the catalyst Control Centre and now the top inch of my screen flickers (pixels go marching sideways) when I run PhotoShop CS5.1.

I have tried changing the settings in Catalyst but nothing seems to work. However, I have discovered one setting that does "fix" this issue and I'm hoping that discovery might help someone smarter than me work out what is going on.

If I go to Windows XP Display Properties, then go to the Settings, then Advanced, then select the "Troubleshoot" tab I have the option of using a slider control to choose various levels of Hardware Acceleration. When I move mine to the 2nd lowest setting PhotoShop works without the screen flicker. That setting is described as "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications".

However, choosing this setting must severly limit the capabilities of the card because Catalyst, then, no longer recognises the hardware and refuses to run.

Can anyone help me with settings in Catalyst that might help me run a graphics profile that will let run PhotoShop run properly??

THANKS!

Milster

09/24/2012 10:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Milster
Lurker

Answer Answer

Hi

FYI... The Catalyst package I installed came from Hewlett Packard. The problem was being caused by driver version 8.911.4.1 (7 Feb 2012).

Luckily HP still had the previous version still available for download, so rolling back my driver fixed my problem.

So in my instance version 8.821.1.7 (22 Aug 2011) was the solution I was looking for.

I hope this helps someone else out there!

Best. Milster

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information