Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with M6809
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/12/2005 02:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/12/2005 02:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mike0304

I have had the M6809 for almost a year now and it has been giving me trouble for a while. The man thing was my video card crashing. whenever I was doing something it would freeze and then the screen setting would change to 640x480 and go into like 4 bit color or something like that. and a window would pop up that said there is something wrong with you graphics card or video driver. I think I have pretty much fixed that. i updated a couple drivers and stuff.
But now my laptop just seems to crash. it isn't necisarily when I am doing a certain thing or after a certain amount of time, but it will freeze and then i will either have to hold doen the power button to turn it off or it restarts by itself. when it restarts by itself a blue screen with stuff on it flashes up and then goes away real fast.
Also another thing that is annoying and inconvient more than anything is that something is wrong with fn button controls and whatever it is that controls the charing of the laptop. With the charger, it is not the charger. if my computer is on and say my battery is low, if i plug in my charger then my computer will freeze. and likewise if my computer is plugged in and I unplug the power it will freeze. with the fn buttons if I try to make my screen brighter or dimmer it will freeze. and the same with some of the other fn buttons. I know that the fn button to turn the wireless card on and off works bu that is the only one that does something other than freeze my computer.
And just to kind of give myself some credit. the computer was in it's worst running condition after i reformated it with the restore cd. i had to update stuff just to get it to a point that i could get it to function. I also had XP pro which the computer seemed to work best with but now it is back to xp home after the reformat.
So has anyone else had problems like any of these and if so how can i fix them? I thought that the problems with the charger and the fn buttons freezing the computer could have something to do with the bios. are they? if so how can i fix them? am I going to need to flash the bios with an updated one or is there a better way to fix them.
I know this was my first post and that it was pretty long and drawn out but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information