AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon XP-M 2200+...what's comparable?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2005 11:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2005 11:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kmodek

Hi all, I'm not a super-techie, but I'm curious about the newer AMD processors out there and what is comparable to the XP-M 2200+ that I have or what would be better. This one seems to run hot and has NO battery life.
It's in an HP Pavilion ze4400 notebook w/ WinXP.

I'm just researching right now but looking to upgrade and definitely want to stick with AMD, and I can't seem to find any websites that give me a good idea of what I have compared to what the new AMD processors do.

I'm ok w/ the speed of mine but a bit faster wouldn't hurt, I'm just wondering which of the newer processors would be right for me while keeping the price low.

I've had Celeron desktops and they absolutely sucked. Is the Sempron comparable to a Celeron or is it faster/better? What's with the dual processors?
I don't think I really need 2! :-)

I'd just like to get some of these basic questions answered so I'll be informed when looking at a system and know to start with a particular processor and go from there.

Thanks for any advice and help!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information