Increase font size
Topic Title: Speeding up xp2500+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/19/2005 09:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/19/2005 09:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mitsiboy

I have this processor in my HP laptop and I am having a problem. IT works fine when it is plugged into the AC for power, but when I am running on batery power it is very slow. I was told by HP that this is how the processor works. Is there anyway that I can fix this. I hate it when I am trying to watch a video, but the video and audio willnot sync up.
 05/19/2005 10:33 PM

Author Icon
batraxos

Usualy on your Laptops Power Settings...you can change how the processor will work at diferent power states.
For example...when your Laptop gets a signal the the battery is low...it automaticaly set your CPU at lower speed (underclock it) to save you power and give you more battery time...How much it will underclock and when...you can set it your self on your power options...
I own a TOSHIBA so I dont know about how HP calls its Power Settings program...or how to use it...but you can find those on your manual

-------------------------
[Signature over size limits. Please see forum guidelines.]
 05/21/2005 07:57 PM

Author Icon
Gregg

QUOTE(batraxos @ May 19 2005, 07:33 PM)Usualy on your Laptops Power Settings...you can change how the processor will work at diferent power states.
For example...when your Laptop gets a signal the the battery is low...it automaticaly set your CPU at lower speed (underclock it) to save you power and give you more battery time...How much it will underclock and  when...you can set it your self on your power options...
I own a TOSHIBA so I dont know about how HP calls its Power Settings program...or how to use it...but you can find those on your manual
[right][snapback]420990[/snapback][/right]

Get into the Bios and you can shut off Speed Step

Gregg
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information