Increase font size
Topic Title: Averatec vs. Asus
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/02/2005 10:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2005 10:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aer

Help if you can.... I bought an Averatec lightweight notebook (AMD), it was great but a little heavier than I ideally wanted. My tech convinced me to take it back and buy his recommendation through him. An Asus SN5 at 2.8 pounds, lovely to look at can't get it to work... I have been in software and hardware [content edited] for 4 days, night and day... I have been on the phone with tech support for 2 days straight and have now reformatted 3 times, the software I normally use on my desktop and on my old laptop seems to conflict with the hardware of this machine... I loaded the same software on the Averatec with no problems and it worked like a dream... I am getting ready to ask for my money back... Does anyone know anything about these Asus notebooks... did I just get a lemon or are they a poor choice... I need to tell him what today by Thursday night or they won't return it.. please send info if you know anything.. thanks. I am thinking to go back and pick up the Averatec with the AMD. thanks.. Any imput appreciated Aer.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information