AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cool&Quiet disabled on battery !?!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/23/2005 12:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/23/2005 12:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
grayoyo

Hi,

I have an Acer 1501 (Athlon64 DTR) since April2004
Cool&Quiet is working fine on AC power, but it seems to be disabled when on battery (checked with CPUZ... and CPU temperature going up anyway)

I did the following tests before:
* install previous drivers of cpu
* change many times the power saving schemes (currently on "Max power saving")

It seems to have worked before, as I recall.

Do you have any info on that issue. I searched on google and this forum, but couldn't find such an issue .

Thanks in advance
 02/25/2005 07:51 AM

Author Icon
Genghis

maybe you should try the program called SpeedswitchXP. Allot of Cool&Quiet settings can be altered with that one.

personally i have a rather annoying prob myself, and Cool&Quiet seems to be the cause of it, so i hope someone can help me...

Whenever i change my power scheme to "Laptop" or to "Minimal", the Cool&Quiet works perfect, and cpu speed is going up and down together with the cpu load. But for some reason my lapotp (1501) crashes at random times when the cpu is loaded (crashes=hang, mous can't be moved, numock aint working, have to reboot machine).
When i put the powerscheme on "Always on" these crashes are gone, but the temperature is raising to 60 degrees and above + the fan is making an awefull lot of noise cause it keeps blowing really hot air...

Anyone had this problem before, and knows howto fix it? (Google does not help to find anything alike, and Acer tells me the laptop is just fine, and ran 2 days at their test-enviroment, playing dvd's, without any probs).

ps: this prob occurs both on AC and DC

Thanks in advance.
 02/25/2005 08:14 AM

Author Icon
grayoyo

Thanks. I'll give it a try. for the moment, I was using RM clock

I don't have those crashes. Could it be linked to the program you just refered to ?
 02/25/2005 10:24 AM

Author Icon
Genghis

no, cause at first i did not used it, i came across it finding a way to fix my prob
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information